Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Templates
Hi ,

I wonder if it is possible to use different templates for different websites.

For Example:

on website one the forumcolor is blue but if I enter the forum from website b the color is red.

Thanks for your answer.

Sincerly Mark
Quote Reply
Re: [MarkBT] Templates In reply to
You'd probably need to make all the colors globals and do something like:

sub {
my $color = ($ENV{HTTP_REFERER} =~ /siteone\.com/) ? '#FFFFFF' : '#FF3333';
}
Quote Reply
You can use different template sets for this. Let's say you have a template set called "colour_a" and a template set "colour_b" (a template set is just all the files in the directory admin/templates/colour_a). The you could just use gforum.cgi?t=colour_a for site A and gforum.cgi?t=colour_b for site B. If you just want to have different colours, you would just need to have different globals for the two template sets.

Does that make sense?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Templates In reply to
Hi Ivan,

sounds god.

Is ist also possible to have osser Logs or another head of the forum?

Sincerly Mark
Quote Reply
Ops sorry I meant:

is it possible to have another logo and other headers in this different templates?

Sincerly Yours

Mark Zimmermann
Quote Reply
yes, everything can be different.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Templates In reply to
Hi Ivan,

thanks a lot that makes me really happy ;-)

Cool

Sincerly Yours Mark Zimmermann
Quote Reply
Hi Mark,

The Gossamer Forum license allows you to change the logo and link to Gossamer Threads only if you have purchased the forum. From our Gossamer Forum products page (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...s/gforum/license.htm):

Quote:
Individual or non-profit users must register the software (which means letting us know where it is installed), and must keep the "Powered by Gossamer Forum" image link-back to Gossamer Threads on all generated pages.

Non-profit users who do not wish to keep the "Powered By Gossamer Forum" image link-back must purchase a license (US$200) before removing the image.

That said, changing the logo is quite easy - there is a template include_logo.html which includes the linked image. Changing the header and footer is also easy by modifying the include_header.html and include_footer.html templates.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Templates In reply to
Hi Jason,

I intend to buy the forum. But befor I just want to know if the forum fits my requests.

I do have a few different websites (all with their own layout) which I want to connect via the

same forum an the same links sql (links sql is kloneable) and I just want to know if the forum is kloneable as well.

Within three weeks we will make the desicion an then I will buy links sql and the forum.

Thanks for your assistance.

Mark
Quote Reply
Hi,

What do you mean by cloneable?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Templates In reply to
HI Alex,

clonable: the same forum in another design.

the same content is publishable into to different templates.

I hope I could explane it in the right way.

Sincerly Yours

Mark
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yes, you can do this by passing in a different template set to use:

http://gossamer-threads.com/.../gforum.cgi?t=german

will display the site using our german template set. This template set just happens to be translated, but you could have on that looks totally different.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
hummm...well, how much would it cost a nonprofit to purchase just the part of the license that would let us remove the logo and linkback at the top of the page, and the "Powered by..." in the footer?Unimpressed

It's not that we don't like you folks...we'd prefer to keep all credits on our "System Credits" page.

Daryl
Quote Reply
Re: [dlytton] Templates In reply to
Hi,

The logo is not required, only a visible linkback on the page (can be text). If you want to remove that, you will need to purcahse a license. If it's for a registered non-profit, drop us an email and we may be able to work out a discount.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Templates In reply to
Welp! We got ourselves a genuine license for our nonprofit website so we could remove the paw-print logo Smile at the top of the page as per my #1 request. We don't have a logo, ourselves. But as per my #2 request...I can't remove or alter the "Powered by..." text/link in the footer. Try as I may, the database just spins around thinking about it for a while, then returns a "This page can't be displayed", and when I check footer_html it's still there. Being able to alter/remove that was part of why we bought a license for a nonprofit org...what's the trick or secret to being able to do that??

What we do, is have one single "Our System Credits" page, linked to from our home page, where we give credits to everyone...and there is where we have a GT logo and linkback.

Daryl
Quote Reply
oh geezzzz! I just discovered that it isn't that I can't edit the "Powered by..." in the default footer template...I can't save any edits to this template. I can save edits to the default header template, but not the footer. What am I doing wrong? -Daryl
Quote Reply
That is very odd - I can't see any reason why you could save one file but not another. Are you able to edit other files?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Thanks for the "That is very odd" tip! That meant it wasn't a gforum problem, and I wasn't doing something wrong. I can save edits to other default templates, with other windows programs open...but to save an edit to the footer file, I have to close all other programs. Weird! But then, I'm using Windows :)

btw...took my 1st puter course in 1969, and though FileMan is the only other GT program we have (so far!), gforum is the best I have ever seen when it comes to a well thought-out program!

Daryl
Quote Reply
Hi Jason,

Have there been any other template sets developed that you are aware of?

Thanks!