Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Template help - Titles

Quote Reply
Template help - Titles
Ok, I notice this isn't a problem for Gossamer's own set of templates, but in my version of 1.1.3 the title sections are a little messy. The ":" seperators included with the link and so forth.

In trying to clean this up a little and make the seperation between title elements stand out more, I've run into only one snag and hope you can help me sort it out.

Example:

Home » Bombardment Groups by Region » Atlantic Groups - 8th AF » 2nd Air Division, B-24's » 389th BG - Hethel » B-24 "Tondelao"

Notice how the link for the second to last forum category "2nd Air Division, B-24's" includes a space after the section title which is part of the link (little things like that irritate me). I haven't been able to figure out where in include_title_cat_forum.html this is happening:

I think it's in this section here:

<%GForum::Category::full_name_linked($cat_id, '<font color="#000000"> &raquo; </font>', $title_font, $/title_font, 'gforum.cgi?', $hidden_query)%>

Help?

Last edited by:

HeavyBombers: Apr 10, 2002, 8:44 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [HeavyBombers] Template help - Titles In reply to
I suspect this might be happening because of the depth of my categories. I notice it doesn't happen one level up. Is this a minor bug in the bit that drives this?

I just own the package and tinker with the front end / HTML stuff, anything written in that strange foreign language you call Perl and goes beyond "cut this, paste that" is outta my league.

-Scott

Last edited by:

HeavyBombers: Apr 10, 2002, 3:01 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [HeavyBombers] Template help - Titles In reply to
Hi,

Try editing that category and make sure it does not have a trailing space in the name. I think that could be the problem.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Template help - Titles In reply to
Give that man a cigar!!

Thanks Alex, now why didn't I think of that. It worked Blush