Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Suggestion - Edit Time Dependant on User Status

Quote Reply
Suggestion - Edit Time Dependant on User Status
I am not a Gossamer forum owner, but I am an active user of the forum here. So I am not sure if my suggestion is, infact in the right place.

I find the 1 hour edit time limit, to be limited at times (does that make sense? like a tongue twister really).

Why not tie in the time limit to the user statuses so that as the user of the forum increases in status, their allowed edit time also increases?

Example:

User: 1 hour
Veteran: 2 hours
and so on for each status.

Just a thought.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins

Last edited by:

Ian: Jun 18, 2002, 9:30 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Suggestion - Edit Time Dependant on User Status In reply to
Hi Ian,

A thought on this would be that potentially more edits would be done by newer users. So the tie to status my limit their ability too much. Maybe just assigning the limit based upon the user session. If they are still online they can edit. If they sign off or leave the site then they would not be able to when they signed back on or returned to the site.

Just a thought!
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Suggestion - Edit Time Dependant on User Status In reply to
Yes, I agree with you there. I take more time (usually) before hiting the send these days... but sure enough there is something I need to add or change a little later.

Personally my session rarely gets a chance to time out I think!Wink

So, yes I would like to see SOMETHING which allows editing beyond the time limit. Of course this can cause problems in posts where the stream of things don't make sense to an on-looker, beacause of all the editing... this is where the user status tie in comes... so the people who have even a little expereinc under their belt on the forum, can be trusted to keep thing going in the proper fashion.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins