Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Suggestion: Auto-parse URLs

Quote Reply
Suggestion: Auto-parse URLs
Hi

Is there a feature in the pipeline to automatically parse your messages for URLs? As in, if I posted a URL such as:

http://www.yahoo.com/

Would it be able for the forum to automaticaly parse the message and flag the above up as a URL?

I've seen this implamented on a few forums, and it's usually another option in your 'compose' window. i.e., I can see it being an option under:

Append signature to post
Send e-mail notification on reply

Cheers

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Suggestion: Auto-parse URLs In reply to
Its really simple as a plugin or you could probably do it as a markup tag like the way it works with Gossamer Threads.

You just need a convert_markup pre hook and then substitute anything that looks like a url with its hyperlinked equivalent.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 21, 2002, 4:48 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Suggestion: Auto-parse URLs In reply to
Paul

Hm. Your second suggestion sounds like a good one. That should be really easy to do.

'Smart Tags' huh? :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Suggestion: Auto-parse URLs In reply to
hello

i want to let my users only work with the basic editor, but URLs muss be chance to a link

is there a plugin oder a sub to do this ?

hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
Re: [hoefti] Suggestion: Auto-parse URLs In reply to
Just place an explanation somewhere on the basic editors page.. you can always use [-URL] [-/URL] tags (without "-"), as long as it is allowed in admin.

For expanding the basic editor, take a look, but don't post Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [blackjack] Suggestion: Auto-parse URLs In reply to
Hallo blackjack

Danke für deine Antwort. Natürlich kann man per Sonderzeichen URLs erlauben, aber beim Einfügen eines Artikels werden Links nicht anklickbar umgesetzt, sofern man sie über den Basic Editor einfügt.
Und eben dass will ich ermöglichen.

Falls du was hörst, sag bitte bescheid.
Gruß hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
Re: [hoefti] Suggestion: Auto-parse URLs In reply to
Ich versteh nicht ganz, was Du möchtest. Du kannst im ADMIN Bereich bei MARKUP Tags bestimmte URLS festlegen. Wenn Du also jedesmal willst, dass unter Yahoo eine URL von Yahoo kommt, dann legst DU einen Tag mit yahoo=www.yahoo.de an. Dann legt das Forum die URL drunter.

Was nicht geht, ist ein generelles umwandeln aller Urls, sobald eine URL sichtbar wird. Möglich, dass es ein Plugin gibt, keine Ahnung.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Suggestion: Auto-parse URLs In reply to
You just need a convert_markup pre hook and then substitute anything that looks like a url with its hyperlinked equivalent.
-----------------------------------

I could use little assistance with this function

i wish to change every URL in basic editor to a Link.

can someone help me?

greeting hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht