Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Start-up problems

Quote Reply
Start-up problems
I just got started and am already having very annoying problems. Primarily, the forum won't allow ANY user to post. Mad I'd be grateful if someone could check out my forum at http://www.cinchouse.com/forum/gforum.cgi? and see if you have any ideas about what's wrong.

Also, where the heck is the "Reserved User Names" list? I can't find it anymore.

Isn't there some kind of basic reference manual?
Quote Reply
Re: [Meredith] Start-up problems In reply to
in the admin section -
did you set the posting permissions?

Also, looks like you need to add a forum to your category

like the colors! ... just a bit more to go Smile

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Hi,

When you create your forum you'll see at the bottom:

Group Name - Group Permission

Make sure at least one of the groups have Read/Reply/Post access, or else no one can post.

To enter reserved usernames, goto Setup->Users.

We are working on a full featured PDF manual, but right now the only help is on the forum and by clicking on Help in the admin area.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Start-up problems In reply to
Thanks, guys! Definitely fixed that problem!Smile Since you raised it, my next question is: How to I get the colors changed on the remaining green items?

(Please also forgive the excessive use of icons. It's like being a kid in a candy store.)
Quote Reply
Hi,

The colors come from template set globals. To edit these globals, go to Admin -> Templates -> Global Vars. You'll get a list of globals you can change. You may also need to edit the "include_css.html" file as a few colors are defined in there.

One of our goals for the next release after 1.1.2 is to improve the naming of the various color globals. A second template set is also under consideration.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com