Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Speed, post title text color

Quote Reply
Speed, post title text color
I've noticed that since I hadn't logged in to this forum in a while, when I logged in and started to load forums with lots of new messages, there is a 5-20 second delay before the forum loads, depending on how many new messages there are. For example, One forum with only one new message loaded very quickly, while one with 4,000 new had about a 15 second delay. When I log out, all forums load very quickly.

Also, I'd suggest a difference in the text of the page you are on in the main title text (left of the GossamerForum image)... when it's all one color, and links aren't underlined, it's somewhat confusing. Yeah yeah, I know this can be solved quite easily with templates. Wink

Muhammad
Quote Reply
Re: [Muhammad] Speed, post title text color In reply to
Hi,

Yes, the speed problem was introduced yesterday while trying to fix a what's new bug. Basically it's a query that isn't optimized yet. We should have this fixed shortly.

Thanks for the UI tip!

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Speed, post title text color In reply to
Sounds good!

Muhammad
Quote Reply
Got to love MySQL's "slow log" feature. You can log any query that takes over n seconds. Great for finding these sort of problems. =)

http://www.mysql.com/.../Slow_query_log.html

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Speed, post title text color In reply to
Very very neat! Fortunately, I'm caught up and loading stuff quickly now.

Also, perhaps a button on the post confirmation page to jump to the post would be easier to use than the link in the text... just a thought.

Muhammad
Quote Reply
Okay, I've fixed up the speed problem

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Speed, post title text color In reply to
Sure have!! Sly Running it through the paces on a dial-up connected @ 28.8, and it's lickidy split quick!

Muhammad
Quote Reply
Hmm guess I better throw away my cable modem then and buy a 28k because Im having speed problems.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Speed, post title text color In reply to
I'll check it again from work later but it's still fast for me on dial-up. Early yesterday on cable it was slow, when I posted this thread.

Muhammad
Quote Reply
me too ... my ADSL line is slower than my friends straight shared 128k ISDN line ....

this has to be something with my provider ....

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Speed, post title text color In reply to
I don't think it is my provider as I get 70k/s on downloads.

Weird.
Quote Reply
OH well ... I wonder ... I get 30-50k on downloads too .... hmmm ...

I've had it ... gonna go to the geko engine ... dang G-Forum is hell of fast on N 6.1 preview for OS X ... errrrrrrr Explore 5.1.2 ... grrrrrrrrrrr

what to do what to do ????

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile