Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Seperate site_title and Home Link

Quote Reply
Seperate site_title and Home Link
Hi,

At the moment, the site_title is used as part of the navigation system along the top when viewing forums etc. It's also used as the default forum name on all outgoing emails - ie. registration and password reminder etc.

What I initially wanted was to set the link to be "Home" for the navigation menu, but then all outgoing email read "Welcome to the Home forum" - doesn't make much sense. Perhaps for ease of use you could seperate this up into two different globals - one for home_link, and another for site_title.

I know i can do it myself, but it might make an nice addition to the basic install.

What'cha think?

R.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Seperate site_title and Home Link In reply to
Alex suggested this too. I've made the change - there is now a <%site_title%> and a <%site_home%> tag. <%site_title%> is used in the <title>...</title> of each page, and <%site_home%> is used wherever you see "Home" here.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Seperate site_title and Home Link In reply to
In Reply To:
there is now a <%site_title%> and a <%site_home%> tag. <%site_title%> is used in the <title>...</title> of each page, and <%site_home%> is used wherever you see "Home" here.

and the email templates too! :)

R
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Seperate site_title and Home Link In reply to
They are unchanged - they still use <%site_title%>. <%site_home%> is only used when browsing the forum where there should be a link to the main forum page.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com