Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Reply Notification

Quote Reply
Reply Notification
How difficult would it be to add this feature?....... When you compose a message, there's an extra tick box with 'Notify me when someone replies'.. then when you login to the forum, there's a link, and when clicked it shows you your active topics.

Ugh. I'm going off course here. Start again....

What would be nice is a link at the top of the page saying "My Active". When clicked on, it shows you the messages you have posted in the last x days, or maybe just the last 10 or something. There you can keep track of threads you are active in. And these would be organised by forum or something.

Right. I obviously haven't quite thought this out. But if you get what I mean, great. If not, never mind! Let me think a little more about this one!

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Reply Notification In reply to
OK. Maybe if you see a thread, you can hit a marker.... Bare with me on this one. And you can mark the thread as "Watch". Remeber that usenet reader.... Forte Agent I think??? Where you can mark a thread as watch. You might not participate in this thread, but you've flagged it.

And then when you enter the forum, you click MY Watchlist or something, and up comes a list of your interesting threads that you have marked to keep an eye on.

??

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Reply Notification In reply to
hehe, sort of what you're saying goes with my stats comment a bit back...

getting a link of last X days posted shouldn't be that hard since you can alreay search by user name ...

I think I get what you're saying ... having a login page .. or welcome back trotter page ...
you click the link and it sends you to a page that has links to your last X comments or last X comments in X days ...

what would be cool is if you can also see the status of your threads or posts ... answered or still unanswered ... expanding upon which ... your post / thread is heading off to oblivion do you want to let if fade into nothing or do you wish to bump it back to the top which leads to my next idea of one-click amazon style bump post ... click here to post bump -- sorry to your post/thread (this option could be controlled by a no bumps for x days).

wow ... I've seen the last x post thing before but never a status report or automatic bump ability ... hehe this isn't a bad idea I wonder

Angelic

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile