Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Renaming Directory

Quote Reply
Renaming Directory
When I first installed GForum it was version 0.9.4 and I installed it in a directory called gforum-0.9.4, I would like to change the name of that directory to something more generic like gforum, but when I do it makes the forum not work.
Quote Reply
Re: [dovcamp] Renaming Directory In reply to
You need to edit admin/GForum/Config/Data.pm, and look for paths or directories containing gforum-0.9.4; if you change them all to gforum and move it over, you should be running perfectly well at the new location.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Renaming Directory In reply to
Thanks for the quickreply. Unfortunately, I editing admin/GForum/Config/Data.pm as you mention, but now I get an Internal Server Error on gforum.cgi and blank page on admin.cgi.
Quote Reply
You must have made a typo. Check your error log.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Renaming Directory In reply to
I checked and no typo. I noticed that in gforum.cgi and other scripts that the 'use lib' line still pointed to the gforum-0.9.4 folder, I changed this for the following files and now everything seems to be working.

gforum.cgi
admin.cgi
setup.cgi
nph-email.cgi
db.cgi

Can you explain this?

Thanks,

Dov
Quote Reply
That's the path to the GT module library. It's static and not affected by the config file so needs changing manually.

There is probably a GForum::init line that needs changing too.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Renaming Directory In reply to
Yes, I had changed that line too GForum::init

Thanks.

Dov
Quote Reply
why do not change the use lib or gforum::init() and set the lib path one in data.pm ?

so , change the data.pm and not need to modify any .cgi to fix gforum::init() or use lib "";

and, maybe the script name store in data.pm so we can rename gforum.cgi to another name , it work fine.

my MSN: perlchina_at_hotmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: [tsingson] Renaming Directory In reply to
In Reply To:
why do not change the use lib or gforum::init() and set the lib path one in data.pm ?

Because without the use lib and GForum::init() calls, there would be no way for gforum.cgi to know where GForum/Config/Data.pm actually _is_ on the server since that information would only be contained within GForum/Config/Data.pm.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com