not just last post but last poster

Quote Reply
not just last post but last poster
How about adding last poster, I hate clicking on my own last posts Wink

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: not just last post but last poster In reply to
What do you mean?

Do you want the ability to go to the last post within the Thread??? Like a "bookmark" link? Or actually prinitng the last poster in the forum homepage?

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
forum software I currently use has within the category area (not the main topics) for G-Forum it would be with the time / date / right arrow (to last post) and extra bit of information -- the last poster's name.

So, yes, the last poster in the forum "home" page.

I wonder though if this forum still is a little rough on remembering where you've been? Like with wwwthreads if you back click to the main topic areas it knew that you had clicked through on some links (ie, in the links area).

Also, If I don't use the forrum for an hour or so it forgets that I'm still logged, on top of, it doesn't remember that I was logged in if I disconnect and reconnect to the net.

I really don't like cookies but saving myself from loggin in for the "rest of the year" would be nice.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
I believe that would be a template thing. I think we discussed this, and decided against doing it on the default template, the reason being that for a moderate volume forum, the last poster wouldn't really mean much (or something like that). Something you can easily add to the templates (well Jason would have to confirm that actually).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Originally, I deliberately left it out, but now that I've started using the new forum I find myself looking for it. Expect it to appear in the next couple of days.

Eliot - what he is requesting is the poster's name beside the blue arrow in the forum list (the blue arrow takes you to the latest post in the thread).

Putting the last poster in the forum would be a useful addition as well.

Both have been put on my list.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] not just last post but last poster In reply to
In the threaded view, these is no next or previous arrows for navigating secuentially the posts. In fact, the post argument is NOT sequential, so, how I'm supposed to ad next, prev arrows to the threaded post views?

Can anybody help me?