Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

That little arrow

Quote Reply
That little arrow
You know the little blue arrow on the right hand side of the screen to jump the latest post in the thread? Does this arrow have to be all the way over there? Can't it be bundled in with the graphics/buttons on the left hand side? It's such an useful feature it would be a shame to shove it away like that.

And maybe an even better idea.... in your profile; why don't you let users select if they are to jump to the latest message in the thread or not when they click on the topic title. I, myself, like jumping to the latest unread message by default (like wwwthreads latest version). But if this would be an option, hurray!

What do you reckon?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: That little arrow In reply to
Putting it by the date seems to be the most logical place to put it since the date reflects the date of the latest reply in the thread. In my local copy, I've added the name of the poster to go along with the date, so having the blue arrow there makes even more sense.

Perhaps I could add something like '(Latest reply)' at the end of the subject. What do you think? That way you wouldn't have to go all the way to the right hand side to click the link, you'd have it right beside the subject.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: That little arrow In reply to
Quote:
In my local copy, I've added the name of the poster to go along with the date, so having the blue arrow there makes even more sense.

Hehe...I was trying to do that lastnight. I was looking in Post.pm/Forum.pm but it was like an eternal maze lol

Last edited by:

PaulWilson: Sep 10, 2001, 11:31 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] That little arrow In reply to
Jason

Yeah, something like that would be great. No harm in trying.

Just thought that is there a way to set up personalised options, so that if you click on the message subject it goes to the latest message instead of the beginning of the thread?

Wil Blush

- wil