Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

How to delete a moved post pointer

Quote Reply
How to delete a moved post pointer
How does one remove the pointer left after the post has been moved to another section?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Peter544] How to delete a moved post pointer In reply to
Click (remove) Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] How to delete a moved post pointer In reply to
huh? When you click on the pointer it moves you over to the new forum topic. If you clicked delete it would delete the actual post. I only want to remove the pointer left behind in the incorrect forum...
Quote Reply
Are you talking about on this forum or your own?......if you have the correct user status there is a (remove) next to the moved thread subject which you simply click to delete the pointer.
Quote Reply
it's about our own forum elsewhere.

user posted a message on forum A, we then moved it to forum B, with a pointer from A to B still remaining on A.

All I want to do is remove any mention of the post link from the original forum A. There is no remove or delete link next to it and when you click it you get moved over to forum B to the actual post. I do want the actual post in Forum B to remain. I am only trying to deal with the link that shadows it from the original forum.

Thanks
Quote Reply
You can select for every forum if you want to leave pointers to the moved posts or not.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Not sure what to say...this is what i see on this forum:
Quote Reply
wow. weird. Mine doesn't say "Moved:" and it doesn't have the "(delete)" there...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

it's v 1.1.7 btw

Last edited by:

Peter544: Sep 29, 2002, 12:53 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] How to delete a moved post pointer In reply to
yes, I know. but sometimes one either forgets (as was the case now) or changes their mind later...

:(

(thanks though)
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
wow. weird. Mine doesn't say "Moved:" and it doesn't have the "(delete)" there...
Check the template diffs - my bet is that you're using a customized 1.1.6 (or earlier) forum_view.html template, and need to either restore, or make the changes in the diffs under the Templates menu.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] How to delete a moved post pointer In reply to
Yup. But what does one do about a post that has been moved and left a pointer in the old topic? I am trying to figure out a way to get rid of the accidental pointer from time to time...

Notice, this thread has been around for over a year now, without an answer. I don't see a way I as an admin can remove this leftover pointer t o a post on our site...?