Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Can't delete "Text Replacement List" under Markup > Text > List

Quote Reply
Can't delete "Text Replacement List" under Markup > Text > List
When I delete the list, the replacements still appear in posts. Does anyone know where these entries are made in the database or in which folder, so I can try and remove them direct? I'm using gforum 1.2.4.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Can't delete "Text Replacement List" under Markup > Text > List In reply to
Hi,

Do you mean in NEW posts, or ones that already exist? If so, it won't actually remove them from previously existing posts, as the "replacements" are done when a new post is made (or a reply).

hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Can't delete "Text Replacement List" under Markup > Text > List In reply to
If I change an existing text replacement entry, it changes in the posts as well, so it doesn't seem to be fixed in place like you suggest? When I delete the entry altogether though, the posts revert back to showing the original text replacement.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Can't delete "Text Replacement List" under Markup > Text > List In reply to
Hi,

Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean .. could you give me an example of what you are doing, and what it results in? (just in a test post, with the keyword in)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Can't delete "Text Replacement List" under Markup > Text > List In reply to
After I remove all entries from the "Text Replacement List", the text is still being replaced in posts. The text "Master" in the post below was set up to link to an URL. After removing that entry, the HTML and URL still appear in the post like so:

Quote:
As for chatting, try to keep it as much about the video as possible, but, as I like to chat myself, I won't be too harsh untill The Master or another Mod makes me. (Don't make me get out my whip!)

As a test, I readded the same entry, "Master", but this time linked it to the URL, google.com. In the posts, the new entry is visible and links to google.com. The old entry is gone. Interestingly, when I edit the post, the old entry is there.

When I now delete the entry, "Master", from admin, the posts go back to displaying the old entry. The entries seem to be stuck in the database and can't be deleted.

Jason
Quote Reply
The text replacements are made every time a post is displayed (ie. the posts aren't modified and saved into the database with the replacement). The replacement list is saved in the Config/Data.pm file - search for markup_custom. As for it still showing up after you deleted it from the list, perhaps the post has linked the text to that url. One cool trick is to add in ;literal=1 to the url to see the markup that was used in the post (not the generated html).

Adrian