Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Version 2.0.0 question

Quote Reply
Version 2.0.0 question
Hello,

A few weeks ago, I purchased GF. I have been working on it diligently and have not gone live with it yet. I planned on launching it this weekend, but from what I am reading (JagermanCool) the new version will be out most likely the end of next week.

My questions are -- will I be able to easily upgrade the new version - meaning - will it be as easy as overwriting the old file? What about all the configuration I have done so far with the GF, will it carry over into the new version?

I suppose I should wait another few weeks till the new one is available. I wish I knew about this update a few weeks ago. I still have two more GF's to purchase, glad I held back until I understood this first one -- and now for the new version. Have any idea how much the upgrade to 2.0.0 will be?

-Sophia
~§ophia~
Quote Reply
Re: [sophiabarton] Version 2.0.0 question In reply to
The news of the upgrade has confused a couple of people.

The upgrade is from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0, it's not 2.0.0 which is the *major* upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: [sophiabarton] Version 2.0.0 question In reply to
I expect this confusion is as a result of my comment some time ago that I though 1.1.8 would be the last release, but plans changed a little and we decided to bring out a 1.2.0 release with payment support instead of holding off on payment support until version 2, which is still quite some time away.

Again, as Paul said, the imminent update is not the major update that will take place, and will contain a massive number of new features (every feature mentioned here does go into my feature list - I can't guarantee all of them will make it, but they are considered). Most likely, due to the massive changes and upgrades to nearly every aspect of the program, the upgrade to 2.0 won't be an upgrade in the style of one 1.x release to the next 1.x release, but instead will probably be more of an import from version 1.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com