Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Creative Titles

Quote Reply
Creative Titles
May sound like an odd question but I'd be interested to hear some creative titles that people get assigned when reaching a certain number of posts in your forums. I currently have:

Enthusiast
Old Hand
Addict
Veteran
Pooh-Bah
Carpal Tunnel

Any other suggestions beyond this?

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Creative Titles In reply to
Don't you use wwwthreads?

You've missed the mighty Guru Cool

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 7, 2002, 6:37 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Creative Titles In reply to
...and your point is? I have 3 LinksSQL licenses, 1 DBman license, 1 GMail license, a Links2 license and is very likely to switch to GForum. Is it OK with you if I ask this question in this forum? Now, if you can't really contribute or help with my question, it would be OK to not post to it at all, unless you are chasing your next "title" Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
That was quite rude for no reason.

It was merely an observation and I did mention another title. It wasn't a round about way of telling you not to post here because you use wwwthreads, that would be totally stupid...

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 7, 2002, 6:51 AM
Post deleted by sangiro In reply to
Quote Reply
Nope - you just added that title after my post, hence the edit log on your post... Nice try though, and nice title. Thanks!

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Last edited by:

sangiro: Feb 7, 2002, 6:49 AM
Quote Reply
Ok well why don't you check the post times.

My last edit: 2.37pm, your reply 2.40pm

I didn't deserve to be spoken to like that.
Quote Reply
By the time I read your post and started replying to it, it was a useless one-liner. My apologies for having hurt your feelings. Again, thanks for the nice title suggestion.

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
I assure you I wasn't having a go at you for using wwwthreads. I happened to click the link in your signature and saw that you use wwwthreads at your site and just thought I'd mention it, it wasn't intended to be provokative in any way.

Sorry if it appeared that way.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 7, 2002, 6:55 AM
Quote Reply
1,000,000 posts => "The Oracle" :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Ok to make up for that bad start here are some more:

Big Chief
Mighty Mouse (for newbies perhaps)
Fanatic
Aspiring Evangelist
Junior Guru Wannabe
Junior Guru
Senior Guru Wannabe
Senior Guru
Complete Newbie
Friendly Administrator
Guardian Angel
HawkEye

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 7, 2002, 7:07 AM
Quote Reply
Those rock! Thanks a lot dude! Sorry for being so pissy. One of the biggest annoyances on my forums are people who post one-liners that contribute nothing to the conversation - it merely creates noise. So I'm high-strung about that. I love one-liners that actually contribute! Smile

You did not deserve that though. Again my apologies.

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Last edited by:

sangiro: Feb 7, 2002, 7:09 AM
Quote Reply
I guess I posted before thinking. I started writing the post and thought, crap, I can't think of any titles but posted anyway, then I thought of one and went back to edit it as you were writing your reply.

Then I thought of some more :)

I have to admit that about 2-3 were taken from other forums but some were my own inventions :)

Oh....the reason for asking whether you used wwwthreads was because I thought you may have a seperate forum using GForum and I wanted to see your custom design.