Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

2,000,000 Posts

Quote Reply
2,000,000 Posts
Heya all,

A year and 9 months ago I made this little post. Here's what the numbers looked like today:

Users: 48281 | Threads: 116065 | Posts: 2000000

That's about 1,530 posts per day. The forum still flies... Cool

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] 2,000,000 Posts In reply to
Cool.. This must be your full time job, is it? At last 3 hours a day when all the scripts are running fine I would say. Tongue

Do you have your dedicated server for this? This must consume quite a lot of cpu power, does it? What’s the server configuration and bandwidth? (If I can ask)

Do you have all the 2milion posts in one mysql database on one server ? Any problem with slow downs?
Thanks

Quote Reply
I guess you are afraid to talk about it.Pirate Did you ever jump?
Quote Reply
Re: [domino] 2,000,000 Posts In reply to
As i see it since quite a long time now.

http://dropzone.com/
htp://www.dropzone.com/
Forbidden You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
==================================
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] 2,000,000 Posts In reply to
Mmm.. work for me? (you example had htp:// , not http:// ... but after changing that, it works fine =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [domino] 2,000,000 Posts In reply to
Quote:
I guess you are afraid to talk about it.

Ummm... being a skydiver I'm not inclined to be afraid of many things. I just don't spend that much time on here. Tongue

In Reply To:
Do you have your dedicated server for this? What’s the server configuration and bandwidth?

Dropzone.com lives on a cluster of 5 machines hosted by Gossamer-Host. Alex, will do a much better job than me of telling you the server configuration. Feel free to contact them.

In Reply To:
Do you have all the 2milion posts in one mysql database on one server ? Any problem with slow downs?

All in one mySQL database and I have no issues with slow-downs. The servers have quite a bit of redundancy built in.

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Last edited by:

sangiro: Feb 26, 2006, 4:24 AM
Quote Reply
B E A utiful Tongue