Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

I'm really enjoying using this board

Quote Reply
I'm really enjoying using this board
I have to say, I am a vB enthusiast, and own a vB licence, so I won't be switching anytime soon... but as a end user, I really like this board. All the little fixes have made it really easy to use, intuitive and very tidy. I think my members would like it too. Good job jagerman. Wink indeed.

GT rocks.

Last edited by:

Evoir: Sep 23, 2001, 10:37 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoir] I'm really enjoying using this board In reply to
I agree. I have a vB license, too, but have not migrated our UBB forums to it. I'm reconsidering, as I prefer this simple, clean interface and know our members would also. The option to thread or not is also nice, but the integration with Links SQL would be a giant plus. PERL scares me, though, not that I know anything about PHP, but it seems intuitively easier to grasp, and I'm concerned about performance issues, as we're not on a dedicated server.
samantha
Quote Reply
Re: [samtha25] I'm really enjoying using this board In reply to
As mentioned before, a plugin could be written to connect LINKS SQL with GT Forum...and with the GT Community product, there will be a common login available across all GT products (without plugins).
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [samtha25] I'm really enjoying using this board In reply to
Quote:
PERL scares me, though, not that I know anything about PHP

It shouldn't. With our templates, you will really be working in a similiar environment as you would with PHP. Instead of having:

Username: <?= $username ?>

in PHP, in our system you have:

Username: <%username%>

You have if, else, includes, just like you do in PHP. For the custom stuff, you can add code in the globals section (but requires some perl knowledge).

But thanks for the positive feedback!

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.