Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Install Help Needed

Quote Reply
Install Help Needed
I installed GF on a linux box and accidentally listed the wrong image directory (cgi-bin). Removed the files and tried to re-install. Trying to install the images to a folder in the root called media. Now when I install I get the following error:

Could not make directory (/usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/"root"/media). Reason: Permission denied

I double checked all the permissions and still can't get it to install. I set the folder media to "777" and "755" and still nothing. The error log is below:

[Sat Jan 18 12:23:46 2003] [error] [client "domain name removed"] Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/"root"/cgi-bin/forum/install.cgi

Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: [mstemple] Install Help Needed In reply to
You could have saved yourself heaps of grief by moving the images instead of doing a reinstallation :(

The permission denied error either means your path is wrong or the permissions are wrong. If you are sure permissions are ok then it could be the path. If you have a telnet/ssh account I'd login and change directory to your desired images directory and type "pwd"

I think that error from your log is and old error unrelated to the images problem.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 18, 2003, 12:40 PM