Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
HTML Bug
In the main forum, window, and in many other buttons, you have duplicate VALUE fields for buttons. May confuse some browsers, although it seems to work fine in IE 6, NS 4.5 and Mozilla 0.9.5.

<input type="submit" value="View Threaded" name="do=post_view_threaded;post_latest_reply;so=DESC;post=164541" value="View Threaded" class="submit">

Note: duplicate VALUE attribute in tag.

Cheers

Wil

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] HTML Bug In reply to
The value for submit buttons makes no difference as it only sets the button appearance/name - also they are the same value anyway.

But as you say it should probably be fixed.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] HTML Bug In reply to
It could actually make a difference if the value is passed onto a script, but in GTs case it doesn't.

I know it doesn't actually affect anything, but it could, and that was my point.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] HTML Bug In reply to
It is very rare that a submit buttons value is passed to a script, infact I've never seen it done - it is normally the name value (if any).

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 22, 2001, 5:14 AM
Quote Reply
I have used button value tags to pass information to scripts, as have some GT products. Specificall dbman used, don't know if it still does, the value of submit button tags to pass action back to the script when there was more than one submit button available. Geez, hope tha makes sense.

Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] HTML Bug In reply to
Yes, it does! Now I wonder if the following thread makes sense to you? Maybe you could help?!

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum_view_collapsed;

- wil
Quote Reply
....the name value, not the value value

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 22, 2001, 8:44 AM
Quote Reply
True! I don't believe the actual value value is used, but the fact that it exists allows the use of the name value.
Wink
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
This is getting confusing lol Angelic
Quote Reply
Quote:
but the fact that it exists allows the use of the name value.

The name value can still exist without the value value.