Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Emailing all additions to forum

Quote Reply
Emailing all additions to forum
Is it possible to have all additions to the forum
mailed to an admin address - not a daily digest but
each addition as it is made.

Is there a setting or mod that does this.

Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: [balita] Emailing all additions to forum In reply to
This would be a relatively easy plugin to do (I'm guessing Wink). Adding a hook to the post hooks to mail the contents to the admin email. If I have time, I'll see if I can whip one up.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Emailing all additions to forum In reply to
I would like that to be so, that each post is mailed to each subscriber at the moment it is sent instead of once a day. How difficult would that be?

LPa
Quote Reply
Re: [lpa] Emailing all additions to forum In reply to
That would be quite easy. As Adrian said, a Plugin could do this very elegantly. I wish I had more time to program things like this....

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Read through the following - it explains why it isn't possible to send the e-mails immediately. What you could do is schedule a 5 minute cron job so that the e-mails are sent fairly quickly after having been posted.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=177727

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Emailing all additions to forum In reply to
The problem is that I want to get each post sent as a separate message.

Our current system is sending each message immediately having the biggest number of subscribers as 107. The script takes first 50 email addresses from the subscribers and puts them in BCC: field and then takes the next 50 etc. That way it only sends 3 messages when sending to those 107.

Would it be difficult to answer to those mails and get that answer to go back to the forum as an answer to that thread?

LPa
Quote Reply
You can do something like that by setting up a mailing list, and setting up Gossamer Forum with the Mail Archive plugin (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi).

Adrian
Quote Reply
I guess this would also be possible - but our own requirement was the forum postings emailed to be added
to a mailing list of the same name. See separate post.

Wayne