Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

simple questions

Quote Reply
simple questions
Hi,

I was just curious. If a user deletes a post in GF, does that post count as the number of posts a user has submitted? How do posts get counted?

Also, if a user makes a new post, and no one replies to it in a certain amount of time, is the post deleted automatically? How do posts get deleted?

Sorry if these simple questions seem arduous.

- Jonathan
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] simple questions In reply to
Hi,

I had this discussion a little while ago =)

Basically, the answer is yes. The way it was explained to me, is that if you make a post, and it gets deleted... in theory, you still made that post ... thus it should count as a post.

I reported this as a bug before ... try doing a search on your username for "all time", and see how many posts it finds, in comparison to how many show up in your profile. Its quite scary for some of us...LOL.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] simple questions In reply to
Thanks Andy. What about the other question. If a user makes a new post, and no one replies to it in a certain amount of time, is the post deleted automatically? (I ask because I have made posts in the past as free code and reference to myself, and I can't find them searching.)

- Jonathan

Last edited by:

jdgamble: Feb 4, 2005, 3:22 PM
Quote Reply
Hi,

No, posts are not automatically deleted (although the forum administrator could have deleted old posts, or moved them to a new forum).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
If a user makes a new post, and no one replies to it in a certain amount of time, is the post deleted automatically? (I ask because I have made posts in the past as free code and reference to myself, and I can't find them searching.)

Yeah, they won't be affected. I do this on my own GForum install, with code samples / comments / ideas (in a private forum). It works a treat :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!