Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Email - Selected Users Form

Quote Reply
Email - Selected Users Form
I am using Gossamer Forum Admin version1.1.8 and when I try to select a user, using the "Email: Selected Users" form, nothing happens. When time permits, could you let me know how to correct this problem?

Thank you,

John
Quote Reply
Re: [jbzipperian] Email - Selected Users Form In reply to
Are you getting an error or what specifically is happening? How are you selecting the user?
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Email - Selected Users Form In reply to
Scott,

In one case I chose to use the ID field and entered my ID. In another case I chose to use the Username field and entered my user name. In another case I chose to use the Email field and entered my email address.

In addition, changing the value displayed in the drop down list for each of the fields did not alter the behavior of this form. When I press the Search for Users button, nothing happens. The form just "sits there," as if the Search for Users button was not "connected" to anything at all.

I hope that this helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

John
Quote Reply
Re: [jbzipperian] Email - Selected Users Form In reply to
I had this problem a couple of months ago. Here is Jason's explanation/fix for the problem. It has worked ever since...

Hi Dave, There is a bit of a problem here in GForum - when the User table gets too large, there is too much on the page for a "GET" request, and so IE just refuses to do anything when you hit the submit button. I changed over the relevant admin template on your site to be a POST request instead (which has no size limit), and tested it out; it's working now.

As for that other page, you can try changing the <form method="GET" ...> to <form method="POST" ...>. If it's the same error that'll fix it ("GET" is the default).
-- Jason Rhinelander -- Gossamer Threads, Inc.

Hope this helps. Dave

Last edited by:

bretzke: May 7, 2003, 5:37 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] Email - Selected Users Form In reply to
Dave,

Thank you for the information. When time permits, could you let me know in which folder the form exists and its name? In short, what should I modify and is there a best method for this?

Thank you,

John