Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Login, Redirect, Referal in forums

Quote Reply
Login, Redirect, Referal in forums
Suppose you are reading a very interesting thread, you are about to post, but you find out you are not logged in, so you press the log in button, the logic thing would be that after succesfull validation you get redirected to the page where you originally elected to log-in., so, this would be pretty easy to implement, I just need to know if I need to reivent the wheel or if somebody has done it to save me the hassle.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] Login, Redirect, Referal in forums In reply to
As far as I know, this hasn't been done. But it's certainly an easy plugin.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] Login, Redirect, Referal in forums In reply to
There is something similar to this already present. Basically, if you attempt to access a page that you cannot access as a guest, you'll see the login page. If the login is successful, you'll go directly to the page you were attempting to access. This doesn't show up very often, as the links and buttons to disabled pages are usually disabled themselves - but if you wanted to enable them (even for guests) it would work.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Login, Redirect, Referal in forums In reply to
Jason,

Looks to me that GUI.pm is related to this, but I don't seem to be able to modify it.

What I want is simple: Instead of showing don't post
show Reply instead, since it is harder to determine if
the user (which has not logged in yet) is able to edit or delete, then reply will be the only option shown for this users. How Do I accomplish this?