Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

1.2.0 payment support / Net::SSLeay

Quote Reply
1.2.0 payment support / Net::SSLeay
Just a note - GForum 1.2.0's "direct" payment methods (Authorize.Net or Moneris) and the PayPal "remote" payment method require that you have Net::SSLeay installed on the system (at least version 1.06). Windows users will need to download an Activestate package from us, which is now posted in the announcement forum. Unix/Linux users can either compile it themselves (with shell access), or ask their ISP to install this module. Note that this module is _not_ the same as the Net::SSL or Crypt::SSLeay modules. If you are using WorldPay exclusively, or not using payment support at all, installing the module is not necessary.

If you want to find out if you already have it installed, and what version you have, try running the following (you can run it through Fileman -> Command if you don't have shell access):

perl -e 'use Net::SSLeay; print $Net::SSLeay::VERSION'

You'll see the version, if it's installed, or an error message trying to load the module if it isn't installed.

Edit: I was wrong when I posted this originally - PayPal also requires that the Net::SSLeay module be installed.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com

Last edited by:

Jagerman: May 25, 2003, 9:03 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] 1.2.0 payment support / Net::SSLeay In reply to
Using the Paypal option for payments.

When in the Singup page
* Recurring payment works. (any amount)
* Free Trial Works (cost $0)

One time payments fail with no error messages. I noticed the only difference between recurring and one time payments is a letter r preceding the value in the signup_amout key. Apparently, when the signup_amount key contains a non zero value and the value is NOT preceeded by a letter r a method for songle payment should be called, but this is not the case. nothing happens, I Just see the same page.

Last edited by:

jaltuve: May 24, 2003, 2:54 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] 1.2.0 payment support / Net::SSLeay In reply to
I'm pretty sure that this is the problem you're encountering:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=243940#243940

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Hi Jason, yes I also tought so . but no, it is definitely some kind of bug and it jusr happens with ONE time payments, recuring or free trials work fine. I wanted to test with other payment processors but I do not have a WorldPay ID to test. Can you test this in your instalation? make sure you use Paypal.
Quote Reply
Could you e-mail me admin panel access, so that I can take a look at all your payment settings (and then use the same settings - minus account information, of course - for my test)?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
This is fixed - you can either download the .tar.gz file again, or get the files from this post:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=243961#243961

BTW - I fixed it on your forum directly, but if you intend to use donations you'll probably want the other changes. Frown

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads

Last edited by:

Jagerman: May 24, 2003, 9:50 PM
Quote Reply
Adding Paypal through the admin is requiring Net::SSLeay, it has been from the get go, so I just went ahead and installed it. It worked last night for some reason, but this morning (maybe due to the upgraded files I added last night) I'm getting this error:

Code:
Can't load 'd:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.dll' for module Net::SSLeay: load_file:The specified module could not be found at d:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 206.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 1) line 125.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at d:/site/cgi-bin/forums/admin/GT/Socket/Client/SSLHandle.pm line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at d:/site/cgi-bin/forums/admin/GT/WWW/https.pm line 21.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at d:/site/cgi-bin/forums/admin/GT/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm line 25.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at d:/site/cgi-bin/forums/admin/GForum/Payment/Remote/PayPal.pm line 19.

After some research, it seems that Net:SSLeay requires OpenSSL. I'd really rather not go through the hassle of installing another set of modules that I have no actual need for, so please let me know how I can get around not having SSLeay working, or if all else fails, how to install OpenSSL on IIS without having to compile anything.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] 1.2.0 payment support / Net::SSLeay In reply to
Did you install it from the PPM I posted? It should contain the necessary openssl files. I was wrong about only needing it for Authorize.Net and Moneris - PayPal also needs it (although WorldPay does not).

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
I did install it from your PPM... the one for 5.6.1

Edit-- the problem seems to be with PerlEx-- it works fine with standard Perl. The problem is, PerlEx is needed so my server will be stable.

Realiiity.com Forums

Last edited by:

ellipsiiis: May 25, 2003, 5:26 PM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Code:
Can't load 'd:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Net/SSLeay/SSLeay.dll' for module Net::SSLeay

Does that file exist? Installing the PPM should have created it.

Maybe (and this is grasping at straws, but it _IS_ Windows) try reinstalling the PPM?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads

Last edited by:

Jagerman: May 25, 2003, 6:14 PM
Quote Reply
The file exists. I've tried removing and reinstalling it, as well as rebooting, several times.

Realiiity.com Forums

Last edited by:

ellipsiiis: May 25, 2003, 7:11 PM
Quote Reply
What version of ActivePerl (i.e. 635 or something like that) are you trying it with?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
5.6.1, build 633

Realiiity.com Forums

Last edited by:

ellipsiiis: May 25, 2003, 7:11 PM