Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

switch editors

Quote Reply
switch editors
Ok, I have to have the dang editor set to basic since nobody what's to support explorer on OS X which I don't want to live without but I guess I have to!

Now the problem is I switch to advanced then tried to switch back to basic and got advanced again ... 3 clicks and still no go.

errrrr ..... does the editor have to be in the text field box? or can it be put just above it?

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] switch editors In reply to
That should be fixed now.

Unfortunately, if the editor does not work in OS X's Internet Explorer, there isn't a whole lot we can do. The code is very IE-specific, but apparently only Windows IE specific.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] switch editors In reply to
Its really cool never the less.

Some extra features would be nice like simple tables or something....or maybe Im getting carried away (it would be awesome though)

I love it

Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] switch editors In reply to

Aligning should work now as well.

See?

Fun :)

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply

ABC

so it does

thanks

And a dead image for good measure :)

Last edited by:

PaulW: Dec 17, 2001, 9:50 AM
Quote Reply
It doesn't work with IE 5.0 on Macintosh either! I can't write anything on this box with Advanced Editor.

Lauri
Quote Reply
[cry]

you get out and around for the cookie thing but skip us folks .... lot's of graphic folks won't be too happy!

Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] switch editors In reply to
Well, we wouldn't want graphic folks to be too happy, would we? ;-)

Unfortunately, you Mac users are going to have to wait for a future release. I've got an idea that might make it work, but it's going to take some time and a lot of testing, so we aren't going to be able to put it into 1.1.0.

Can you do me a favor? Go to: http://www.jagerman.com/cgi-bin/env.cgi and tell me what it says for $ENV{HTTP_USER_AGENT}?

I'll try to put in Mac detection so that it doesn't try to give you the Advanced editor.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Sorry sorry, Im doing my usual trick of butting in ...I just had to say:

I use XP and see:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461)

Guess its because its built on the NT kernel...?

Last edited by:

PaulW: Dec 17, 2001, 4:20 PM
Quote Reply
errr ... ie is screwed I'm gonna have to get the latest ns or mozilla ... or other OS X compatiable ... just a little lazy right now Laugh

$ENV{QUERY_STRING} => `'
$ENV{HTTP_UA_OS} => `MacOS'
$ENV{SERVER_ADDR} => `64.180.111.211'
$ENV{HTTP_UA_CPU} => `PPC'
$ENV{HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE} => `ja, en;q=0.5'
$ENV{SERVER_PROTOCOL} => `HTTP/1.1'
$ENV{HTTP_CONNECTION} => `Keep-Alive'
$ENV{SERVER_SIGNATURE} => `'
$ENV{REMOTE_PORT} => `65308'
$ENV{HTTP_USER_AGENT} => `Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.12; Mac_PowerPC)'

well essentials anyway.

IF this works on a mac then you're killing 2 birds with one stone ... I haven't played with my LinksSQL for a while since it's getting update every few weeks again Crazy but I seem to remember I had trouble with that editor too.

Thanks Jason

errr .... mac users are now BSD users Wink

Quote Reply
I have it: $ENV{HTTP_USER_AGENT} => `Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.13; Mac_PowerPC)'
and you seem to have made it so, that even "Switch to Advanced Editor" doesn't do anything.

Did you mean that we should wait for the next release of GossamerForum or next release of Internet Explorer?

Lauri
Quote Reply
Re: [lpa] switch editors In reply to
Hi,

This is a template bug, you shouldn't see Switch to Advanced Editor if you are on IE using a Mac. It won't do anything if you click on it.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.