Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

moderator status in wrong forum again....

Quote Reply
moderator status in wrong forum again....
just made a post to the Perl forum and saw that the moderator options were available for the first post in the thread. When I went back to the thread several minutes later, it wasn't there anymore, but attached is a screen shot.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [ThatPerson1024] moderator status in wrong forum again.... In reply to
Can you send me some more information on the circumstances that caused it? I don't seem to be able to reproduce it. Did you just post, and then go straight the the post, or did you post and then do something else and then come back to your post? I can't see where this could be happening...

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] moderator status in wrong forum again.... In reply to
My description was a bit off...

I went in and replied to bmxer's post. then I clicked the "click here to view your post" link. When the page loaded up, the option to delete and edit apeared for his post, in addition to my own. That's when I made the screenshot... I changed forums, then came back to the thread shortly thereafter and the edit/delete options were gone.

I can't think of anything else I could have done but it's not the first time this has happened.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [ThatPerson1024] moderator status in wrong forum again.... In reply to
I still can't reproduce it no matter what I do...

For now, I've since made some changes (for an unrelated reason) to the flat post display page; I'm going to assume for now that the problem is fixed. Please report it if you see it again.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] moderator status in wrong forum again.... In reply to
I can't reproduce it either. It just seems to be a fluke. While the forum was in beta, it happened regularly in a select group of forums (I think it was the DBMAN forums and the Perl forum). I'll keep my print screen button free of debris just in caxe it appears again.

For now, back to playing my Super Mario Brothers 3 rom.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator