Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

What makes a thread 'hot'?

Quote Reply
What makes a thread 'hot'?
I've seen a few threards with the 'on fire' icon to indicate that it's a hot topic, only to return the next day and the icon has been replaced with the standard message one.

That leads me to the question; what makes a thread hot? The number of replies/views within a paticular time frame? Or just the number of replies?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] What makes a thread 'hot'? In reply to
It seems to be the number of hits within a certain time frame ... I come in and out during the day and noticed that flaming threads went out ... burned out I wonder Crazy

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] What makes a thread 'hot'? In reply to
that seems about right, b/c i was in a thread that had like 35 posts within an hour and it got a flame, but now its not anymore.
Lavon Russell
LookHard Mods
lavon@lh.links247.net
Quote Reply
It can be based either on the number of replies in the last xx amount of time, or just on the number of replies. Currently, this forum is set up for 10 replies in two hours.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] What makes a thread 'hot'? In reply to
Can you set it with the second option, that once it hits "hot" it can "stick hot"?

Wil

- wil
Quote Reply
[nonsense]
the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire !!!
We don't need no water, let the M....F.... burn,
burn M...F.... burn
[nonsense]

my first impression of HS life in California, went to a dance and the "cute" girl I was dancing with was chanting along with the rest Crazy

hehe, now you can tell how old I am Wink

----------------------

hmmm ... an interesting idea .... how about adding just 1 more to the above request ... a cold burn for flames that went nova, ahhhmmmm like this:

a "big jumpy red one" for the current month and a "cold blue one" that hasn't had a post for a least a month.

Now, this I haven't seen any where.

Quote Reply
You know that little chant you just posted? Why didn't you post the first three lines? ;-))))

Wil

- wil
Quote Reply
wahahahahahahahahahahahahah ....

ohhhhhhhh ....

Dang my car has been in the repair shop for 3 weeks and the tape is in the car .... dang dang what were they ... come on Wil pretty please post em ...

All I can think of is Grand Master Flash and White lines ... which actually is anti-drugs ...

----------------------------------------
err ... this is getting irrelevant, oh well, we can slide for a while until Jason puts up a newer version.

----------------------------------------

Jason !!

Now, I really want a cry smiley -- Mr. Unimpressed and Mr. Unsure just don't match my feelings at times Laugh

Quote Reply
No chance! Blush

- wil
Quote Reply
Tongue meannie

Smile