Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Gossamer Forum Update!

Quote Reply
Gossamer Forum Update!
I've just updated the site with the latest internal version of Gossamer Forum (version 0.9.2).

Numerous bugs have been fixed and small features added. One not-so-small feature was added: Sent messages are now stored and listed on your message list page.

Also, markup tags are now inserted at the current position in the textarea when writing a post or message.

There have been several other changes, most of which I can't remember ;-)

This release is getting very close to beta 1 - if nothing major shows up here the current version (perhaps with a few minor fixes) will be released as a beta.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Gossamer Forum Update! In reply to
Looks cool - one weird thing....

When composing a message I can put some code in the textarea and format it nicely but in the actual post things move about and I have to go back and edit it, for example I may have a hash with the keys in a neat line but when I view the submitted post the keys are not aligned- am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by:

RedRum: Sep 26, 2001, 7:16 PM
Quote Reply
Nope, close but no cigar.

mr. smiley still showed up at the end of the post.... copy / cut / paste wasn't happy either.

other grips:

columns for reply , poster, ... are all too wide!!! I keep clicking on the user name now rather than the thread link Unimpressed

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Gossamer Forum Update! In reply to
It will still be just added to the end on browsers that don't support it. I seem to remember Netscape 6/Mozilla supports it as well as IE5.5+, not sure about previous versions. What browsers are you using?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
MAC - OS X 10.0 and M$ 5.1beta1 <-- latest M$ until tomorrow ... had to rebuild my system .... hehe, I played to much with my apache settings Pirate

I just stopped by the user settings page .... CoolCool we can set the search and other options now !!!

Just thought of something for GT 's forums (and others)

how about an option user profile area -- that's is 1 step beyond what is now available ... for the forums here at GT it might be nice to have an area where users could record their system information ie ... I'm hosting on a RAQ XYZ and I develop on a AIX dev box .... blah blah type of idea ...

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile