Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Update to 1.1.0 error

Quote Reply
Update to 1.1.0 error
Got this in the report after the install.cgi ran:

Removing 'user_cookies' column from the User table ...
Could not drop column user_cookies: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_User DROP COLUMN user_cookies' Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The object 'DF__gforum_Us__user___7A9C383C' is dependent on column 'user_cookies'. (SQL-37000)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN user_cookies failed because one or more objects access this column. (SQL-37000)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1)

Only problem it encountered.

-Scott
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] Update to 1.1.0 error In reply to
Tried a fresh install to a different directory, I'm getting this error which I guess others have seen. Is there a quick fix? I know it's a holiday weekend so I'm hoping for words of wisdom from other users (if somebody from Gossamer answers...what are you doing? go enjoy some off time).

A fatal error has occured:
GForum::Config (2768): Unable to open 'GForum/Config/Data.pm' for writing: No such file or directory. at d:/66.34.125.120/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Config.pm line 459.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

GForum::Config (2768): Unable to open 'GForum/Config/Data.pm' for writing: No such file or directory. at d:/66.34.125.120/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Config.pm line 459.
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] 1.0 forum name error In reply to
Fortunately I still had the original 1.0 install files so I reinstalled the old version to a new directory. I did try to upgrade that new install immediately after, but got the same error. So I rolled back to version 1.

Now I'm getting an error, in 1.0, while attempting to add a Forum name:

Quote:
  • Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO gforum_Forum (forum_total_threads,forum_last_poster,forum_total,forum_allow_attachments,forum_name,forum_allow_user_edit,forum_attachments,forum_last_id,forum_sort_rank,forum_style,forum_allow_guest_attachments,cat_id_fk,forum_hard_delete,forum_desc,forum_edit_timeout,forum_last) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)' Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated. (SQL-22001)
  • [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated. (SQL-01000)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1)

The forum name I was attempting was "Sub 1c: 3rd Air Division, B-17's, some ex B-24 outfits". Also, "Sub 1c: 3rd Air Divsiion, B-17's (some ex B-24 outfits)" did not work either. I shortened it to "Sub 1c: 3rd Air Division" and it was accepted.

I'm using the "Sub 1c:" bit in lieu of sub categories until I can get 1.1.0 installed and working properly.
Quote Reply
Are you using Microsoft SQL instead of Mysql? I was and had the same problem and finally gave up and switched.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Hi,

We fixed a number of bugs in 1.0 related to MS SQL. If you can put 1.1 on and send me FTP access I can take a look at the config problem you were having.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] 1.0 forum name error In reply to
Alex,

I replied via forum message. You must answer holiday and weekend queries because you get paid the big bucks! Smile

It is much appreciated.