Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

not adding new users

Quote Reply
not adding new users
I am also wondering, is there a way to turn off the "Sign Up" feature on the login page?

I don't want users signing up for a Forum account themself. It would be more convient if I could make the link to the Sign Up page disappear.

RICHARD
Quote Reply
Re: [rtuttle] not adding new users In reply to
You just need to edit the login.html template to take out the link.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] not adding new users In reply to
Ah! I kept looking for a way to do in the Admin panel .. didn't even think of the templates. ;-)

THANKS!
Quote Reply
In addition to the template change, you might want to disable the pages completely for people who know GForum's URL's.

To do this, go into the admin panel, then go to "Setup", click "Actions" on the left, then edit the "user_signup" and "user_signup_submit" actions. You need to set both of them to "Enabled" => "No". This will prevent anyone from signup up.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] not adding new users In reply to
When I went to edit the actions, the first one you referenced continually returns the following error message:
Quote:
Can't use string ("user_signup.html") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /home/calligra/calligraphicarts-www/cgi-bin/cyberforum/admin/GForum/Do.pm line 98.

The second works just fine.

THANKS!
Quote Reply
Oh, right, that was one of my first 1.1.1 fixes Frown. The second one is really all you need to keep people from signing up.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com