Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Sticky posts...

Quote Reply
Sticky posts...
A question/suggestion - is it possible to make a post sticky?
Quote Reply
Re: [earthgolf] Sticky posts... In reply to
Hi,

Currently no. We are looking at different ways of doing this. One thing we're looking at is an Announcements feature instead. Moderators/Administrators could post announcements that would show up at the top of their forum. These could auto-expire, or be removed by the moderator/administrator manually. The main difference between this and traditional "stickies" is that people can't reply to it (but the moderator could change it). Since, from what I've seen, the main use is for announcements/faq's, I'm not sure if this is an issue.

Let me know what you think..

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Sticky posts... In reply to
Alex-

That sounds like a great idea. Maybe you could make it an option, though, wether or not you allow replies. (Sometimes I make a post for feedback on a particular subject and like for it to remain at the top.)

Taylor
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

Just wondering if there was any update on this. Our company has been using your forums for a long while, and I can quite honestly say that the lack of sticky posts is the only deficiency we've encountered.

Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [AtomicPenguin] Sticky posts... In reply to
Hi,

Yes, this was added in the recent 1.2.0 release. See:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=243871#243871

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Wow! Brilliant! :-)

Another quick question - is there a separate download form for upgrades? The download link from the product page leads to an evaluation copy download form (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/.../gforum/download.htm). Is that the right one?

It's fun posting dumb questions on other peoples forums for a change... Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [AtomicPenguin] Sticky posts... In reply to
Hi,

Yes, that's the correct one. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.