Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

.htaccess problems

Quote Reply
.htaccess problems
I moved my forum to load as the home page on both my sites (listed below). Simply moving the .htaccess file created a 500 error on my home page. The host said I should try to place a # in front of some lines, which I did, which didin't fix anything. I ended up placing it on the last line of my code, and the forum loaded. The problem is, I'm getting errors now, and I'm pretty sure the last line is necessary. I don't want my SERPS to be negatively affected by my changed. Any thoughts?
RewriteEngine on
Options +FollowSymlinks
Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^\.htaccess$ - [F]
RewriteRule .*P([0-9]+)/?$ /cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=$1&t=search_engine [L,PT]
RewriteRule .*P([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)/?$ /cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=$1&page=$2&t=search_engine [L,PT]
RewriteRule .*F([0-9]+)/?$ /cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=$1&t=search_engine [L,PT]
RewriteRule .*F([0-9]+)-([0-9]+)/?$ /cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=$1&page=$2&t=search_engine [L,PT]
RewriteRule .*C([0-9]+)/?$ /cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?category=$1&t=search_engine [L,PT]
RewriteRule ^/?$ /cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?t=search_engine [L,PT]
RewriteRule (.*)gforum.cgi /cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?%{QUERY_STRING} [NS,L]

SEO Consultation
Economics & Personal Finances
Quote Reply
Re: [discusswireless] .htaccess problems In reply to
You're gonna have to give us a few more details than that. It could be *anything*

Have you made any other changes recently?

What server are you running on?

... and anything else.

Chances are, its probably just a mis-configuration in the paths (i.e what you have, doesn't match up with whats in the .htaccess).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] .htaccess problems In reply to
In Reply To:
You're gonna have to give us a few more details than that. It could be *anything*

Have you made any other changes recently?

What server are you running on?

... and anything else.

Chances are, its probably just a mis-configuration in the paths (i.e what you have, doesn't match up with whats in the .htaccess).

Cheers THe only thing I've done is # the last line to make it work. I'm running on apache. Sorry if I don't know much Crazy

SEO Consultation
Quote Reply
Re: [discusswireless] .htaccess problems In reply to
This htaccess code is a mod_Rewrite, the thing is, the last line is not working on my server, no clue why, and it's important. any thoughts? I'm running on apache.

SEO Consultation