Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Opera and GTForum Conflict

Quote Reply
Opera and GTForum Conflict
Is anyone else here using Opera as a browser? If so, do you find various rendering problems in Opera, using GTForum?

Using GTForum 1.2.3
Opera 7.54

What I am having trouble with at the moment is the "post message" page: the Advanced Editor screen does not show a message area frame, or a cursor, and switching to a message posted in the Basic Editor produces a scrunched up format when viewed.

I just tried to post on THIS forum using the same Opera setup, and an error message pops up right away regarding coding of the HTML editor not being consistent with the browser. Since quite a few of my potential forum users are Opera buffs, this is a problem for me and anyone else in the same boat.

(PS: THIS message posted from IE)
Quote Reply
Re: [cajun100] Opera and GTForum Conflict In reply to
That's because opera does not support the built in functions of the HTML editor. The "Switch to Advanced Editor" button shows up only because Opera changes its browser identification to one similar to IE.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Opera and GTForum Conflict In reply to
Arghh. I had not yet dug THAT up. Well, this is not good news, as Opera linkage to my discussion board is vital. Thinking this over ...
Thanks for the response, though.
Quote Reply
Re: [cajun100] Opera and GTForum Conflict In reply to
Has anybody tried HTMLarea as an alternative in such cases?
Quote Reply
Re: [agaffin] Opera and GTForum Conflict In reply to
There are no HTML editors which are compatible with opera. All these HTML editors (including our one and HTMLArea) use built in features of IE and Mozilla based browsers.

Adrian