Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Icon
Is there any way to change our icon from that Scream mask lookalike?

Also, when you choose to use the default icon it selects the radio button and there is no way to unselect it.
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulWilson] Icon In reply to
haha, I thought it looked more like a blacked-out light bulb -- since I have no clue how to change it either Crazy

ummm ... but this goes into the issue of avatars... do you have to link to your own, are there pre-built versions or can you upload your own.

some people even mention smileys slow a board down imagine if you have to link to your off your own site ...eeekk Shocked

hmmm ...

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
That's temporary - we plan to have a selection of much better looking icons available soon. Stay tuned.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Icon In reply to
Cool - will we be allowed to upload our own?

Last edited by:

PaulWilson: Sep 13, 2001, 10:40 AM
Quote Reply
Of course Cool

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Jason, you mean Admin's can upload their own, not the users themselves right? (I hope you do Tongue)

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Icon In reply to
It will be an admin option whether or not users can upload their own images.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
ahh.. that's cool

Adrian
Quote Reply
Just my opinion but it is necessary to have user icons?

It seems the more the forum are cluttered with graphics the longer it takes for the pages to load.

I come to help and read messages, not to be entertained by the choice of graphics people choose to display and it does really slow up the process of moving through the forum threads.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Icon In reply to
Yes, I have noticed this as well; I think I may remove the icon from the posts, and only show it in the profile.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Could it not be a profile option as some of us on faster modems may not be affected so much or some may like to see avatars?
Quote Reply
Depending on how the queries are written, it would still affect download times due to checking yet another user preference column in the user database.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Icon In reply to
It would be a matter of a few lines of code so I don't think we are talking a big difference here.