Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Manual Validation

Quote Reply
Manual Validation
Our forum is set up to validate only via email as we have blocked about 1800 free/throw-away email domains. (Anyone wanting a copy of this list is welcome to it!)

Now I want to validate someone without a return email validation and I have modified the user's record to show "Enabled" and "Status" to "Validated", however, the User List still shows a "No" in the "Validated" column. Will this user be able to log in? If not, what else must I do to get him aboard?

Thanks

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [Boomer] Manual Validation In reply to
No one knows the answer to this?

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
In the Admin panel, there is a drop-down of 'Validated by Admin' , change it to yes and update. I have done this to add users. It doesn't generate the validation email.

Is this what you were wanting?

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] Manual Validation In reply to
I know this is how it's supposed to work, but not for me. I just tried it again and no matter how I set things, I get " Your signup has not been validated ".

That's why I asked if I was missing something. This is what the user detail sheet says:

ID 248 Username JimBowie Enabled Enabled
Password <encrypted> Temp. Password <none> Email stevefriedman@laker.net Display Email Title Drive-Thru Service (Autogenerated from # of posts) Date Registered October 15, 2002, 8:27 PM Validated by Admin Yes
Validation Code pDhdmG6ciq3QtKoIfjjw8KzYg Num. Posts 0 Last Logon never logged on Last seen never logged on Status

Registered

Anyone have any thoughts on why the user, me, can't log in?

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
try blanking out the validation code and update user. Maybe the control freaked and is not working right. I'm a new user here, but I had a similar experience and I just blanked the code and things worked out.
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] Manual Validation In reply to
That seems to have worked ... how strange! Tongue

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Hi Boomer,

In order to be validated, two things have to happen - firstly, the user has to be set to "registered", and secondly, the validation code line has to be cleared. The validation code is used to determine whether or not a user has provided a valid e-mail address - if it is empty, Gossamer Forum assumes the user has not clicked on the link sent out in the validation e-mail.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Manual Validation In reply to
Thanks, Jason!

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner