Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Maximum number of simultaneous users

Quote Reply
Maximum number of simultaneous users
Has any one done any stress testing of GT ?
I'm using it in a scenario where in a couple of months time there's a good chance that all my users (10's of thousand) will try and access the boards simultaneously and I'd like some idea of whether they'll cope and if they won't cope are they likly to just run slowly or fall over.
Quote Reply
Re: [davidnavigator] Maximum number of simultaneous users In reply to
Additional to david's enquiry above ..... and his takes priority please as we need to know the likelihood of the site crashing on important (to our site users) dates.

Admin/moderation tools ... are there any IP recognition tools available? i.e. alternative forum software allows searching a user for all known IP addresses, and in reverse, searching an IP address for all members having logged in under that IP. We know it's not fool-proof for identifying hostile users, but it is useful for helping spot them more quickly.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: [davidnavigator] Maximum number of simultaneous users In reply to
Hi,

That will depend on your hardware and server setup you have in place. Given the resources, you can get Gossamer Forum to handle the load.

Most setups will degrade in performance slowly until you hit a critical threshold after which things spiral down badly.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [bluesnavigator] Maximum number of simultaneous users In reply to
Hi,

As for IP lookups, no, there isn't anything built in, but it is something we are looking at putting into the next version. You can use the SQL monitor to query the database for other users who have posted with the same or simliar ip, as well as other users who have signed up with the same/similiar ip. If you need help with the SQL, just let me know.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Maximum number of simultaneous users In reply to
Quote:
As for IP lookups, no, there isn't anything built in, but it is something we are looking at putting into the next version.

That would be very useful.Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro