Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

When will forum 2.0 be released?

Quote Reply
When will forum 2.0 be released?
I've seen mention of forum 2.0 in 2008, but I can't find that it has been released yet. Am I missing something? Is it available? If so, how do we upgrade. Thank you. -Ron
Quote Reply
Re: [aimcmc] When will forum 2.0 be released? In reply to
I'm REALLY am curious. When will Forum 2.0 be released. I can't seem to get an answer to this. Will someone please reply??
Quote Reply
Wish we knew Whistle Been waiting ages :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I hope the upgrade comes with the luna template cause all these tables are YUKKY

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [SandraR] When will forum 2.0 be released? In reply to
This is the design the new version will have - all CSS based (luna template style)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I really wish someone from gossamer would read this and reply. I asked the same question via a support request, never got a reply there either. Is it a secret or something?
Quote Reply
We are all wating for ages Crazy

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
I have heard from Adrian via my support request via another issue. I, for one, completely understand. In this day and age we are all happy just to be in business and keep our heads above water. We will be pleased and eager to wait for gforum 2.0; and we will remain a long and loyal GossamerThreads customers. Here's Adrian,'s reply...

"As for gforum 2.0, we're very close to finishing it, but not close
enough to be able to release it as a final product at its current state.
Unfortunately, developer resources are tight these days as we've had to
concentrate on custom projects to ensure positive cash flow in these
difficult times. As soon as some of the major projects we're working on
right now are wrapped up however, we'll be re-dedicating ourselves to
script development and GForum is #1 on that list." -Adrian

This is good news -Ron
Quote Reply
Unfortunately it's not the first time in the last 3 years, that we hear that GT is busy...

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] When will forum 2.0 be released? In reply to
It might help to make a list of people looking for the upgrade and those of us willing to pay the upgrade fee... (if there is one)

This way GT might see thats its worth X amount of dollars to finsh the forums...

To start I would be willing to commit to the upgrade fee. ($100)
Quote Reply
Re: [carminejg3] When will forum 2.0 be released? In reply to
Also I'm waiting the 2.0 version for sooo long.
I'm an old satisfied customer of many products of Gossamer but I really complain thee fact the we all, as GT Forum users, have not a new version of the forum and YEARS are passing.

I think that Alex Krohn, should take a decision, to have this product or cut out definitely by the GT products. Its non possible to have a web script that is not upgraded by so many years. Also the security of the forum will be a serious risk for all us.

There is time we can wait for the final release? There is anyone of the GT Staff taking care of us that given trust to this product?

We wait a kind reply and, possibly, a date of release.
Thank you.
David
Quote Reply
Re: [DavidRoma] When will forum 2.0 be released? In reply to
I think 2.0 has been in beta now two years. A month, two months, six months I can understand.... But two years???

This is quite ridiculous at this point.

I would be VERY NICE to finally have an advanced editor for some of these new-fangled browsers like Firefox.
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase

Last edited by:

carfac: Dec 24, 2009, 1:25 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [carfac] When will forum 2.0 be released? In reply to
No reply and no interest from Gossamer Staff.
I agree with you, is quite ridicolous at this point.
I' sorry for the staff but I think that it is not a food thing for a serious Company like Gossamer Threads leave alone our using and trusting in one of their products. I purchased also the Deutsch version.
...... We will wait for the years coming, maybe the thitd year of "testing" will be' enough.................. But.................