Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

what makes the signature show up and where?

Quote Reply
what makes the signature show up and where?
Hello,

I just noticed that people that have signatures can and sometimes will make it look as if it's part of the message it's attached to. I'd like to do something real simple and just put:

--- signature ---

to show up on their posts right above their signature so as to designate to others that the content below it is the users signature.

Could someone tell me what template that would need to go in and what is the coding that displays the signature information so that I know what Im looking for. I looked but failed to find it.
Quote Reply
Re: [Westin] what makes the signature show up and where? In reply to
Hi,

Mmm.. thats not very simple. [signature] is actaully done in the .pm (Write.pm I think). So, in effect - its not very simple to edit that (without editing the actual code, to hard-code that in when a post is made)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] what makes the signature show up and where? In reply to
Yeah, actually I just found it a few moments ago, theres an option to make whatever you like to appear before the signature file in any post the person makes, (maybe in setup>users) so I put in <br><br><br>--- signature---<br> and now that appears before the users signature in every post that they make.

I guess if there wasn't going to be an easy way of doing it in the templates, then twas a good thing that Gossamer-Threads thought to add something like that in the admin panel else I would have just had to turn off signatures.
Quote Reply
Re: [Westin] what makes the signature show up and where? In reply to
This option does what you want: Setup => Markup => markup_signature_prefix

Adrian