Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Can not delete post: Permission Denied

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Can not delete post: Permission Denied
Hi

In the "Chit Chat" forum I can not delete posts, tells me that my 60 minutes is up and permission denied, even thought I tried deleting only 2 minutes after posting? Hmm.

Best

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to
Still a problem acrross all forums.

- wil
Quote Reply
This is still a problem.

Rgds

- wil
Quote Reply
Has there been any progress on this issue?

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to
I have also this problem on my forum (version 1.1.0). It's a problem in the code.

GT do not offer patches for any bugs. We have to wait for the next version to solve bugs, even for major ones. It's a bad side of GT.
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to

In GForum/Post/Write.pm replace lines 370-379 (at least with EditPlus) with:

Code:
unless ($USER->{user_forum_permission} >= FORUM_PERM_MODERATOR
or ($USER->{user_id} == $post->{user_id_fk}
and
$post->{forum_allow_user_edit} % 2 # 1 is edit, 3 is edit & delete, but 0 and 2 do not allow editing
and
(!$post->{forum_edit_timeout} or ($post->{post_time} + $post->{forum_edit_timeout} * 60) > time)
)
) {
return GForum::do_func('permission_denied');
}

Last edited by:

RedRum: Dec 31, 2001, 9:54 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to
Quote:
GT do not offer patches for any bugs. We have to wait for the next version to solve bugs, even for major ones. It's a bad side of GT.

There are many patches mentioned here in this forum. Unfortunately Jason is away on Christmas vacation until the 3rd, so things will be a little slow. Should get back to normal shortly thereafter.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to
Thank you RedRum!

But is it possible to simply send write.pm throw a attached file? I'm not a programmer, and I'm a little bit afraid to change by myself some lines in the code...

By the way, do you have a solution for the problem with the language vars?Smile When I change the three variables in Action category, all the others categories disappear!

Thank you! Smile

PS: I did not receive any e-mail notification for your reply. Did you receive a notification for my post?
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to
Hi Alex,

I understand that is Christmas vacation and the consequences of that... The problem is not there for me.

If there is many patches mentioned in this forum, why not simply put all the patches in the same location (throw a unique link)? It will be great if each time you solve a bug, you put a patch for this bug in a specific location of your web site. We will not have to wait the next version or try to find the right patch in all the forum.

If this is a "bad side" of GT, it's probably the only one! Wink

Happy new year to you, your family and all your great team! Smile

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Dec 31, 2001, 12:51 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to
Any news on this? I saw Jason testing but no resolution :(
Quote Reply
I've fixed this one. It's fixed on the site now.

To fix your own copy, download the attached file (Post.pm) and replace your admin/GForum/Post.pm with it.

Please note that this download will fix ONLY Gossamer Forum 1.1.0. It will break previous versions, and later version will be fixed.

[Edit] The attached file also fixes the bug that doesn't delete the attachments of deleted posts.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com

Last edited by:

jagerman: Jan 4, 2002, 11:51 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to
Really?

Shouldn't the attachment be "deleted" (un-viewable by non-moderators and non-administrators) as well??? Look at my previous posts...the attachments are still there...looks kind of funny if you ask me.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to
And what about this bug, Jason?

I think it looks really funny to still show the attachment when the post has been "deleted".
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Try it again - I fixed that about 5 minutes after you tried it.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Laugh
Quote Reply
Jason, as Eliot pointed out I think you have put on the wrong attachment Tongue You attached a letter to someone....I didn't read it as it may be personal Wink May wanna get it changed....lol

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to
Yeah, that's why we need an "alert post to moderator" button to flag it for attention. :-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Can not delete post: Permission Denied In reply to
Where did Eliot say that? I don't see it in this thread?

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 8, 2002, 3:59 AM
Quote Reply
I'm sure he meant Eliot's letter was personnal.

- wil
Quote Reply
Thats what I thought.....and I think it was intentional and not a mistake. I may be wrong.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Jan 8, 2002, 4:03 AM
Quote Reply
Whoops, my boo boo Blush I thought it was a letter by Jason (I was quickly going through the post). Actually looking at it more slowely I assume Eliot meant to upload it as a demo Tongue Sorry for any confusion...lol

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I don't think Eliot would print his telephone number and address to a public forum, Paul.

- wil
Quote Reply
Correct...and no where in my "attachment"/Holiday Letter is there contact information...it is my holiday letter that I've sent out to friends, family, colleagues, and clients.

So, I don't understand the direction that this Thread has taken...what the *&^% is Paul and Andy talking about?!?!?!?
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Eliot

You've got your postal address and telephone number stated at the bottom of your letter.

Cheers

[FEATURE REQUEST: A tick box at the top of the message composition window to make this message a private one. That would be very nice :-)]

- wil
Quote Reply
Thanks for the clarification....

I thought the letter I uploaded was from 2001, which does not have any contact information in it...oh well...

Jason, if you read this, would you please DELETE my post above COMPLETELY from this thread, INCLUDING the attachment.

Thank you.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
> >