Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Help !!!!
My version (1.0) has been working perfectly fine but is now giving the error A fatal error has occured:

Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Forum.pm line 485.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
whenever anyone tries to click on any of the forums..... Frown

Quote Reply
Re: [David_D] Help !!!! In reply to
So... have you enabled debugging??

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Help !!!! In reply to
Yeah but that's confused me even more......
here's the full debug message
A fatal error has occured:
Can't call method "fetchrow_hashref" on an undefined value at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Forum.pm line 485.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Stack Trace
======================================
GForum (7501): GForum::Forum::jump_list called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Template.pm line 488 with arguments
(1).
GForum (7501): GT::Template::_call_func called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/templates/default/compiled/forum_view.html.compiled line 2761 with arguments
(GForum::Template=HASH(0x85abf70), GForum::Forum::jump_list, 1).
GForum (7501): GT::Template::__ANON__ called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Template.pm line 358 with arguments
(GForum::Template=HASH(0x85abf70)).
GForum (7501): GT::Template::_parse called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Template.pm line 76 with arguments
(GForum::Template=HASH(0x85abf70), forum_view.html, HASH(0x864bf50)).
GForum (7501): GT::Template::parse called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Template.pm line 162 with arguments
(GForum::Template, forum_view.html, HASH(0x86761a0), HASH(0x864bf50), 1).
GForum (7501): GForum::Template::parse called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Template.pm line 90 with arguments
(GForum::Template, forum_view.html, HASH(0x864c19c), [undef], 1).
GForum (7501): GT::Template::parse_print called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 167 with arguments
(GForum::Template, forum_view.html, HASH(0x864c19c), [undef]).
GForum (7501): GForum::_plg_do_func called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 152 with arguments
(forum_view_collapsed).
GForum (7501): GForum::__ANON__ called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 88 with arguments
(forum_view_collapsed).
GForum (7501): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 152 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/Plugins/GForum, do_func, CODE(0x82521f0), forum_view_collapsed).
GForum (7501): GForum::do_func called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Forum.pm line 21 with arguments
(forum_view_collapsed).
GForum (7501): GForum::Forum::view called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 211 with arguments
(GForum::Forum, forum_view, HASH(0x83064a4)).
GForum (7501): GForum::_plg_do_func_2 called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 161 with arguments
(forum_view).
GForum (7501): GForum::__ANON__ called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 88 with arguments
(forum_view).
GForum (7501): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 161 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/Plugins/GForum, do_forum_view, CODE(0x8255018), forum_view).
GForum (7501): GForum::_plg_do_func called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 152 with arguments
(forum_view).
(forum_view).
GForum (7501): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 152 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin/Plugins/GForum, do_func, CODE(0x82521f0), forum_view).
GForum (7501): GForum::do_func called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi line 98 with arguments
(forum_view).
GForum (7501): main::main called at /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi line 22 with no arguments.

System Information
Perl Version: v5.00503
Gossamer Forum Version: 1.0.0
GForum.pm version: 1.086
GT::SQL Version: 1.087
GT::Template Version: 2.047
DBI.pm Version: 1.13
@INC =
/www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/admin
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005
GT::SQL::error = Failed to execute query: '
SELECT *
FROM gforum_Category, gforum_Forum
WHERE gforum_Forum.cat_id_fk = gforum_Category.cat_id
ORDER BY cat_sort_rank ASC, forum_sort_rank ASC
' Reason: Got error -1 from table handler

CGI INPUT
forum => 1

CGI Cookies
gforum_1001621777_session => e65e72b4ebe6856a41e2843dad68a943

ENVIRONMENT
DOCUMENT_ROOT => /usr/htdocs
GATEWAY_INTERFACE => CGI/1.1
HTTP_ACCEPT => image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING => gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE => en-gb
HTTP_CONNECTION => Keep-Alive
HTTP_COOKIE => gforum_1001621777_session=e65e72b4ebe6856a41e2843dad68a943
HTTP_HOST => www.daved.intranet
HTTP_REFERER => http://www.daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi
HTTP_USER_AGENT => Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0; Business Serve PLC)
PATH => /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
QUERY_STRING => forum=1;
REMOTE_ADDR => 212.135.186.117
REMOTE_PORT => 3531
REQUEST_METHOD => GET
REQUEST_URI => /cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=1;
SCRIPT_FILENAME => /www/daved.intranet/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi
SCRIPT_NAME => /cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi
SERVER_ADDR => 80.84.64.22
SERVER_ADMIN => webmaster@uklinux.net
SERVER_NAME => www.daved.intranet
SERVER_PORT => 80
SERVER_PROTOCOL => HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SIGNATURE =>
Apache/1.3.19 Server at www.daved.intranet Port 80
SERVER_SOFTWARE => Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) (UKLINUX/Definite/Linux) PHP/4.0.4pl1

Quote Reply
You'll need to run myisamchk to make sure your tables aren't corrupt. The actual error is this bit:

GT::SQL::error = Failed to execute query: '
SELECT *
FROM gforum_Category, gforum_Forum
WHERE gforum_Forum.cat_id_fk = gforum_Category.cat_id
ORDER BY cat_sort_rank ASC, forum_sort_rank ASC
' Reason: Got error -1 from table handler

I can't remember what -1 is off the top of my head.

http://www.mysql.com/...general_options.html

Last edited by:

PaulW: Dec 4, 2001, 8:45 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Help !!!! In reply to
Is myisamchk a Mysql tool. I'm not too clued up on MySQL, I had someone else install it for me ???
Quote Reply
I know debugging will confuse and not help you, but it will help others to pin point your problem.

Paul mentioned that your tables could be corrupt. The solution he has proposed is a MySQL solution, yes, and I believe he has also provided you with a URL to go and read, learn, study.

- wil
Quote Reply
Hi David,

Yes you'd issue the command from your telnet or ssh account.

Last edited by:

PaulW: Dec 4, 2001, 9:34 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Help !!!! In reply to
Just one more quicky (I have started reading the info by the way..) - Does this info assume I have some sort of Shell access as I don't, I only have the ability to query via phpMyAdmin, Will I have to speak to the server admin ? I've located the commands /syntax to check / repair all tables but have nowhere to type it ???
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Help !!!! In reply to
Sorry Paul - I must have posted that last message at exactly the same time you posted !!!
Quote Reply
You can do it from phpmyadmin if you have a recent version of MySQL. Have a look at:

http://www.mysql.com/.../E/REPAIR_TABLE.html

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Help !!!! In reply to
Thanks, that worked first time (You've just been promoted to a God back here in London)..Also a big thanks to Wil & PaulW for all their help..Smile