Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Add an action

Quote Reply
Add an action
I tried to add an action in "Admin -> Setup -> Actions -> Add Action" which produced the following error message

Quote:
Not a CODE reference at /home/yoga/html/gforum/admin/GForum/Do.pm line 54.
I am using version 1.0.0.

Actually, I was just playing around, I don't really know yet what I can do by defining an action. Any help on this? Thanks.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Add an action In reply to
What did you try adding?
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Add an action In reply to
Nothing really, I just entered a name, like "testaction" and clicked on Add. As I said, I was/am playing around to explore the program...

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
So, am I the only one to experience this, or is this a bug?

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Looks like a bug Wink I'll let Jason know.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Add an action In reply to
bug fixed!

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Add an action In reply to
It will be fixed in the next release - if you need to fix it before then, download the attachment and save it as admin/GForum/Do.pm.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Add an action In reply to
Attachments are coming in really handy aren't they?
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Add an action In reply to
Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try!

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
OK, I gave it a try. I came further, but something is still wrong...

When I tried to save the action (which calls some very simple HTML template), the following error appeared

Quote:
Can't use an undefined value as a SCALAR reference at /home/yoga/html/gforum/admin/GT/Template.pm line 519.
Nevertheless, the action was saved (at least I was able to execute it afterwards).

What might also interest you, is the following

Quote:
GForum (15594): GT::Template::_compress called at /home/yoga/html/gforum/admin/GT/Template.pm line 366 with arguments (GForum::Template=HASH(0x8269b2c), [undef]).
One more thing: when you add an action, you can restrict the action to certain user groups. Only the usergroups that I created myself show up on this selection list (and not the usual groups, as Guest etc).

Ivan
-----

Last edited by:

yogi: Nov 20, 2001, 12:46 PM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
GForum (15594): GT::Template::_compress called at /home/yoga/html/gforum/admin/GT/Template.pm line 366 with arguments (GForum::Template=HASH(0x8269b2c), [undef]).

That is definately a bug in the templates/template parser. I've fixed it up in the development version, so it will be fixed for 1.0.1. We hope to have 1.0.1 available for download soon.

In Reply To:
One more thing: when you add an action, you can restrict the action to certain user groups. Only the usergroups that I created myself show up on this selection list (and not the usual groups, as Guest etc).

I've also changed that in 1.0.1 to display the system groups as well.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com