Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Users for Admin to validate

Quote Reply
Users for Admin to validate
I have just started using the admin to validate function and I don't seem to get any email to let me know there is a new user to validate.
Is there a function somewhere that I'm missing that should be switched on ?

Thanks,
John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Users for Admin to validate In reply to
No I don't think there is a feature for this...I made a plugin so send the email...

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 2, 2002, 2:40 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Users for Admin to validate In reply to
Hi
Paul, I just installed it, took a bit since it was the first one I installed from a .tar file.
It works, I created a test user and received an email. I've just got to figure out where the email template is because it was a blank mail I received.

Thanks a lot

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
>>
Paul, I just installed it, took a bit since it was the first one I installed from a .tar file.
<<

How did you install it?....you should be installing it from the plugin manager.
Quote Reply
Yes I did install it from the plug-in manager but the part where you browse. First I selected the Install.pm when browsing and got an error message saying I needed to select a .tar file. So I selected the .tar file from my hard disk and the the install worked.
The system works and sends out an email there is just no subject or content in the body of the email.

Jag

PS I'm using a 1.1.7 FR Forum
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Hmm strange. The email should be in your default template directory.

Edit: Oh I'm not sure what is different in the french version so that may be something to do with it.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 2, 2002, 6:17 PM
Quote Reply
OK, the new user template wasn't in the folder with the other .eml files.

Just to help out a bit I've added here the equivalent file in French (the eml one)

I named it new_user3.eml so that people can keep it in the same folder and rename it on the server.

Jag

PS : the French is correct but I specifically omitted the accents, this sometimes creates problems in emails and for SMTP servers so if you want accents be my guest, there are only two or three any way.
Significant Media