Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Preview post trouble with no cookie

Quote Reply
Preview post trouble with no cookie
I'm not sure if this is a bug that I'm experiencing or if I've got something screwy in my setup, but here's what's happening:

When someone chooses "Don't Use Cookies" when logging in, the forum generally does a pretty good job of remembering who's logged in. However, I've noticed a few times that when I've logged in that way and I try to preview a post I've written before submitting it, the forum forgets who I am, and the post ends up being submitted as "Guest". Any idea why this might be happening? Thanks.

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] Preview post trouble with no cookie In reply to
Does it happen on the test forum here?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Preview post trouble with no cookie In reply to
Nope. I just previewed this post and was not logged out. However, just before I performed said test, I was improperly logged out when I clicked on the name of this forum in the main category list. Go figure!

Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] Preview post trouble with no cookie In reply to
Yeah, I just tried it a few times and got the same result everytime (on the GT Forum, that is). If you're not using cookies, clicking on the name of a forum logs you out.