Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Admin Center suggestions

Quote Reply
Admin Center suggestions
I think it would be a nice feature to have a link directly to your board from the Admin Control Panel. If it already is there, it's not obvious...lol.

Also, one feature that I didn't like in LinksSQL and I don't like it in this forum software is that if you want to edit a category or forum in the Admin Control panel, you have to remember its name or number. Having a drop down list would be great. Or you could set it up to print out a list on the page when you click Edit Forums of all the forums with the link "Edit This Forum" next to each.

Also, when creating a forum or category, it's kinda confusing to have that sort order option there (but it is a nice feature to set its sort order at the beginning, so I don't suggest taking it out). I just wish there was something that you could see visibly to know what the sort order of your previous forums was, so you'd know where to put the new one.

Overall a great forum software even in Beta. The main problem I have is that it is even slower than my flatfile based forum software. Some optimization is still required IMHO.

Last edited by:

OmarSerenity: Oct 13, 2001, 12:44 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [OmarSerenity] Admin Center suggestions In reply to
Quote:
I think it would be a nice feature to have a link directly to your board from the Admin Control Panel.

There kind of is... it's a link to the forum login though... in the same place as the link to the links in Links SQL (on the top right hand side of the menu).

Quote:
Also, one feature that I didn't like in LinksSQL and I don't like it in this forum software is that if you want to edit a category or forum in the Admin Control panel, you have to remember its name or number.

You can always type * into the ID field or whichever field to get a list of them all of the categories/etc.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Admin Center suggestions In reply to
Great! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [OmarSerenity] Admin Center suggestions In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, we are still polishing up the admin.

As for speed, we still have some performance tweaking to do, especially on regular CGI installations.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Admin Center suggestions In reply to
hehe, I noticed that too.

I was looking for the list all function ... I miss that.

Also, had to stumble across the login link to realize that it sent you to the forums. Possibly having it open in a new window might be nice.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile