Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Moderator Notifications

Quote Reply
Moderator Notifications
I'd really like to see moderator notifications when someone posts in your forum. This is so incredibly useful if you want to be able to respond to any new posts right away.
Quote Reply
Re: [Katana Man] Moderator Notifications In reply to
"Report to moderator" would also be good next to posts. If selected an email would be sent to all moderators of that forum.
Quote Reply
You could just have your moderators subscribe to the fora that they moderate. I think that would do it.
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] Moderator Notifications In reply to
mcoyne no, subscribing is not an instant notification. Moderator notification is an instant notification.

Last edited by:

Katana Man: Feb 9, 2002, 11:17 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Moderator Notifications In reply to
Quote:
"Report to moderator" would also be good next to posts. If selected an email would be sent to all moderators of that forum.
As long as people don't abuse the link. Not sure i would like to wake up to 100 emails all from the same post being reported Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Moderator Notifications In reply to
I have 10,000 users on my public board and when I ran DCForums we had this feature. I only got three alert messages in the year my site was online. So I think the public knows enough to not abuse it (at least the public using my site)

As it wasn't terribly used on my site I'm not overwhelmingly anxious for the feature but it would be a nice addition at some point.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Moderator Notifications In reply to
>>As long as people don't abuse the link<<

Simple solution would be to have a column in the database and when someone reports the post set the column to 1 then you can prevent further reports.

Actually I may try making a plugin for this.

It would be good for misplaced posts or inappropriate posts that can't be dealt with if there happen to be no staff about.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 9, 2002, 1:57 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Moderator Notifications In reply to
.. a well good plug in would be a moderator karma like system - like slashdot.org. People rate the posts, and if the posts go under a certain threshold (set by the user and unique to user) then the post will not appear. If this was actually a spam post, then this wouldn't show as people would knock the karma on it down.

Or then again - just go and install Slashcode, and it's free ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Forum Moderator Notifications In reply to
Sure could use a Forum Moderator email notification feature Unsure

Or similar to the "Watched Thread" feature, a "Watched Forum" would be nice. This would make it available to the public. If the forum had heavy traffic, then this could be disabled.
Quote Reply
I agree... something that would allow the Community to report offensive posts.

When the report gets made have an email sent to moderator or admin with the title of the thread, the url of the offensive post, the post's number, the name of the offender, and their IP address.

Then you could look at it and just take whatever action was necessary.

Fred "Fritz" Alberti
http://www.christianity.com
http://www.crosswalk.com