Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Two old bugs still there in 1.1.8 french

Quote Reply
Two old bugs still there in 1.1.8 french
Hi,

There is two old bugs (since 1.1.5) that still there in 1.1.8 french version:

Bug with "Citer" ("Quote") function. See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=199725#199725 (June 9, 2002) and http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=207879#207879 (July 28, 2002).

And bug with the button "Chercher des utilisateurs". See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=200763#200763 (June 14, 2002) and http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=207005#207005 (July 23, 2002).

I tired to wait for a fix for this bugs.

François
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Two old bugs still there in 1.1.8 french In reply to
I have a 1.1.8-fr installation running here, and these bugs do not appear to be present. In particular, the quote, reply, and code french equivelants are working properly, nor are there problems with the e-mail user search.

Have you modified the templates, in either the "default" or "common" template sets? It is possible that an old saved template is still being used instead of the new 1.1.8 templates.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Two old bugs still there in 1.1.8 french In reply to
Thank you Jason for your answer.

The bug with the function "Citer" (Quote) appears when we click on "Citer" (Quote) throw the template include_post_display.html. The user Jag pointed out this problem too: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=209457#209457. It seem that it's not only a problem on my side. I made a complete new installation of Gforum in a new directory to test it and the problem still there.

About the problem with the button "Chercher des utilisateurs", it's really strange. The button works in my new installation (1.1.8), but not in my old one (updated to 1.1.8). I checked the templates email_selected_users.html and both in two installations are identical (modified July 11, 2002). The only way I found to solve the problem is to change the method form to "post" instead of "get" (see http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=203952#203952). But the problem now is that each time I will update Gforum I will have to change the method form of the email_selected_users.html template. I never changed before anything in my admin directory templates... Do you have a idea where the problem comes from with this strange button? Crazy

Thank you.

François
Quote Reply
I closed temporary my site, erased all the admin directory, reinstalled Gforum (1.1.8), sent back my templates and Data.pm file, and now the problem with the button "Chercher les utilisateurs" disappeared. Crazy. But the problem with "Citer" (Quote) on include_post_display.html still there.

Thank you.

François
Quote Reply
Hi François,

I am aware of the problem with the search button, and the solution, as you pointed out, is to change the form to a POST method. This was changed a few versions ago with the normal user search, however it seems that the one in the e-mail search was missed. It happens because once the form reaches a certain size, the browser will start refusing to post the request - you hit the button and nothing happens.

By default, the size of the form is already close to the maximum size, so if you added a couple fields to the user table, that could well have been what pushed it over the limit.

I've changed the template so that in future versions you won't have to worry about changing it from GET to POST again.

Regarding the "Citation" probleme, can you tell me the exact sequence of events that leads to the problem? I have a french installation here, but I can't seem to make the error occur for me. If you could tell me exactly what causes the problem, and exactly where it appears, it would certainly help me track it down.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Hi Jason,

Thank you for your answer.

For the "Citer" problem, it's really simple to produce (on my side...). I only have to click on "Citer" (next to "Répondre", not in the advanced editor, but in include_post_display.html template (post_view_flat.html)). You should see the error like in the attachment below. If you did a upgrade from the english version to french version, I think you will not have the problem, since the markups "reply" and "/reply" should exist (from the english version). But when we do a complete new installation of the french version, the markups "reply" and "/reply" don't exist, and the bug appears since the function "Citer" called throw include_post_display.html use these english markups. Maybe it's a bug with Convert.pm which doesn't convert the markups "reply" and "/reply" in to "répondre" and "/répondre". ??

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Aug 27, 2002, 10:16 PM
Quote Reply
Hi François,

Oh, now I see it - I was thinking it was a problem with the "Citation" button in the advanced and/or basic editor.

Okay, I've tracked down the problem, and fixed it. Unfortunately, the fix is a little ugly as far as the code goes, which reminds me that GForum 2.0 needs a much better translation mechanism than it currently has. If you upload the attached file (admin/GForum/Post/Write.pm) the problem should go away.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
After near three months, we finally understand us each orthers! Laugh My poor english didn't surely help us...

I tried your fix and everything seem right. Thank you!

For the version 2.0, I would like to use the same set of templates I'm using now (I worked too hard for this templates...). I hope the list of changes between 1.1.8 and 2.0 will not be too big, too crazy. Unsure

Thank you for everything! Wink

François