Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Need help for dates display

Quote Reply
Need help for dates display
Hi,

I want to use long date ("5 septembre 2002") in all my forum except in category_list.html, forum_view.html and message_list.html. I set by default long date in language variables ("%d% %mmmm% %yyyy% à %H%:%MM%"). So now I have to change the display date in category_list.html, forum_view.html...

I tried in category_list.html the tag "<%GT::Date::date_get($forum_last_date, '%d% %mmm% %yyyy% à %H%:%MM%')%>" but it gives a really strange date: "31 déc. 1969 à 19:00". Crazy Does anybody know where come from the problem? And also do you know how I can use the function "nbsp" with this king of tag?

Thank you very much!

François
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Need help for dates display In reply to
I noticed that the tag "<%GT::Date::date_get($forum_last_date, '%d% %mmm% %yyyy% à %H%:%MM%')%>" work perfectly in user_view.html and profile_display.html (the right dates appear). But I have to initialize the date before with this tag "<!--<%GForum::init_date%>-->". Unfortunately, nothing of that seem to work in category_list.html, forum_view.html and message_list.html. So how can I change the date format in these templates (I want to use the short date in these templates)? Any idea?

Thank you for your help!

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Aug 7, 2002, 9:05 AM
Quote Reply
Hi François,

Instead of $forum_last_date, use $forum_last_time. That should fix it.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Need help for dates display In reply to
Thank you very much, Jason!

It works, but I still don't know how to use the function "nbsp" with this tag (<%GT::Date::date_get($forum_last_time, '%d% %mmm% %yyyy% à %H%:%MM%')%>). Is it possible to use the function "nbsp" with this kind of tag? I tried many things, but no success.

Thank you!

François
Quote Reply
Hi François,

You can't use it directly, but you should be able to do this if you combine it with a "set":

<%set mydate = GT::Date::date_get(.....)%><%nbsp mydate%>

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Simple! Thank you!! I love GT support! Smile

Do you know if that kind of date setup in category_list.html (for all forums) and forum_view.html (for all threads) will put much more load on the server comparatively to the standard date setup?

Thank you again!

François
Quote Reply
Oops, the tag "<%set mydate = GT::Date::date_get($forum_last_time, '%d% %mmm% %yyyy% à %H%:%MM%')%><%nbsp mydate%>" doesn't work: it gives the current time and date of the server for all the forums. Crazy. But the "nbsp" function works...

Any idea??

Thank you!

François
Quote Reply
I tried again only the tag "<%GT::Date::date_get($forum_last_time, '%d% %mmm% %yyyy% à %H%:%MM%')%>", and the problem still there. So it seem that the problem come from the variable "forum_last_time". Frown

Thank you for your help!

François
Quote Reply
I tried "forum_last" and it works.

Thank you!

François
Quote Reply
Whoops, oh yeah, it's forum_last, not forum_last_time Blush

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads