Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Gossamer Forum 1.1.7

Quote Reply
Gossamer Forum 1.1.7
Hi,

We're putting the finishing touches on 1.1.7. New features include leaving a record of a moved post in a forum, and giving you a place to optionally enter any reasons for editting a post. Also included (though not enabled here) is the ability to prevent duplicate e-mail addresses when signing up.

I'll edit and move this post somewhere, just to show off the features :)

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com

Last edited by:

Jagerman: Jul 2, 2002, 12:33 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 In reply to
Hey, that's nice! Can't wait for it.

The "post moved" image is broken, though. Edit: NOT.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins

Last edited by:

yogi: Jul 2, 2002, 12:41 PM
Quote Reply
Hey Jason

Good work.

However, when clicking on the 'last post' icon in the main forum window you end up at a 'no such post' error screen.

Cheers

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Jul 2, 2002, 12:45 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Jason,

you might want to make the "reason for edit" field a varchar(255), it looks like I can put a lot in it, click here for a stupid example. Sorry, but sometimes I can't resist....

Anyway, the check duplicate email addresses feature will also be appreciated.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 In reply to
Edit Log...where?

Last edited by:

Paul: Jul 2, 2002, 12:48 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 In reply to
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...editlog;post=203738;

click on the "edit" in the "poast edited by bla bla bla" phrase under your message.

Whoa! A chance to put some hidden text in. ;-)

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Jul 2, 2002, 12:50 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 In reply to
Hehe, no that was me testing the edit log :)
Quote Reply
I don't want to make it a textarea, because I'm sure that the next question would be "Can you make it support Markup too?" Wink

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
>>
I don't want to make it a textarea, because I'm sure that the next question would be "Can you make it support Markup too?"
<<

Not from me though :) ....I don't see a reason for needing markup but it would be nice just to have a bit more space to write a reason incase you are in rambling mode like I often am ..heh

Last edited by:

Paul: Jul 2, 2002, 4:10 PM
Quote Reply
Good - maybe this'll help you break the habit Wink

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Sufferin' succotash.
Quote Reply
Question, would it be possible (or does it currently) to only show moved markers when posts are moved to a forum you still have access in? We often move problem posts to our moderator forum that's private, and it would be weird to have a link there when non-mods couldn't view the post anyway.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 In reply to
How are you able to move a post into a moderator-only forum? You shouldn't be able to move a post into a forum in which you do not have write access as that would defeat the purpose of the write access. To post to a restricted forum, all you would have to do is post in some non-restricted forum, then move your post to the restricted one, essentially posting in the restricted one.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
I *think* what she means is that if a post is posted in a non-mod forum then moved to a mod forum the moved marker will still be displayed in the non-mod (original) forum.

This could confuse a people when they try and click on the moved marker and get a 'oops, tough beans.. no access' message.

Cheers

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 In reply to
Right, that's what I'm saying :) I, as a mod, move a questionable post to the mod forum, leaving a "This post was moved" for everyone.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Is the version 1.1.7 going to be available in the next days or weeks, just for my own planning questions ?

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Gossamer Forum 1.1.7 In reply to
1.1.7 is all ready to go - we'll be making it available for download tomorrow morning.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads