Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Bookmark feature? Planned?

Quote Reply
Bookmark feature? Planned?
Is there Bookmark feature planned for GForum (similar like the Watched threads)?
Or will the Watched threads renamed as Bookmarks, and improved in several ways?

Several features would be fine:
- Sorting by: name, first posting date, last posting date
- Categories, to do some groupings of bookmarks
- Watch thread (to have as option): to have still bookmarked a thread, but to have or not to have watched for new posts
etc...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Bookmark feature? Planned? In reply to
I'm not completely sure on what you mean by "bookmark." Currently, the watched threads are simply there to e-mail you when there are new replies in a "watched" thread.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Bookmark feature? Planned? In reply to
Bookmarking is a feature some other forums have where you can mark a thread as "bookmarked" and it will be listed in a Bookmarks area for easy reference. Basically so you can keep track of threads you're interested in.

On a similar note (it's kind of bookmarking for users) it would also be helpful to have a "Buddy list" feature to have easy access to profiles/PMs/email, etc for people you correspond with often.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
I would like to have a similar Bookmark feature, what ellipsiiis described correctly.
I described the features, what I imagined for Bookmark.

I think, 2 solutions are possible:
1) modify Watch thread page (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ser_profile_threads;) to have all the bookmark feature I suggested

2) Have a separate Watch thread and Bookmark feature.

I think Watch thread is so close to a Bookmark feature (common fuctions), that only the 1) solution would be efficient. Watch thread should be an option of the Bookmark feature.

Currently I do use Watch thread to Bookmark those threads, what are interesting me (favourites). But I would not want to set each one to Watch obligatorily.

BTW: The Watch threads link is "hidden" in the Edit profile. Since I do use Watch threads feature often, then would be fine to have a direct link on the main top menu.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Any news about bookmark feature?
Do you have plans to implement it?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Any plans to implement this feature?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Bookmark feature? Planned? In reply to
If this is implemented separately (i.e. an additional field on the user table for post_ids of favorite threads) from watched threads then you could also tie in a personal RSS feed off it which would be a nice feature. I have been trying to look at ways to encourage sign up as registered users and more importantly some special features for our "members" (a second level at our site). This seems like it would play into that nicely if you could offer it based on group.

Herpeton
VegPeople.com