Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

"Who is online" not counting correctly

Quote Reply
"Who is online" not counting correctly
I have changed the # of minutes the forum tracks the users on "who is online" to be 2880 minutes (48hrs) from the original 60 or so that came as default.

What's up with the counter? It appears that when the [guest] counter goes over 1000 or so it resets back to 0.

Is the variable capable of holding a large number or is it a halfbyte type number up to 1024 or something of the sort ?

What do I need to hack to fix it? Also, how about having two separate variables - one for registered users and one for guests? The small integer issue would still need to be fixed, but it would be nice to be able to set different times for the two types of visitors.

Thanks

Peter
Quote Reply
Re: [Peter544] "Who is online" not counting correctly In reply to
Ah - this is probably because internally a guest cleanup happens every 24 hours, which deletes everything up to the last hour.

The code in question is at about line 548 of GForum:

Code:
$Guest->delete(GT::SQL::Condition->new(guest_last_time => '<' => (CORE::time - 60 * 60)));

Change that '60 * 60' part to '48 * 60 * 60' and your problems should go away.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] "Who is online" not counting correctly In reply to
Sweet. Thanks

You 'da man.

Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] "Who is online" not counting correctly In reply to
By the way. The counter seems kinda inflated... Shouldn't it count multiple pages viewed by the same unregistered user all as ONE guest, it currently seems to count each as a separate guest. Or am I wrong and our site is more trafficked than yahoo.com ? (I am exaggerating a bit here, you get the drift)

I just had to totally LOL... I ran the spellchecker and for yahoo.com it gave me:

yahoo [yea, you, yuh] [yea, you, yuh] .com ?

hehe

Who cares? yea, you, yuh!

Tongue